No Big Deal (Except Everything Hangs In The Balance Right Now) | Talking Points Memo

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is finessing the two-step Biden legislative agenda, navigating between suspicious progressives and a small cadre of moderates in her own chamber, while the real action remains in the Senate.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388659
1 Like

I hope Nancy can pull this off. I hate to see the search for the perfect become the enemy for the good.

26 Likes

Happy to hear two “moderates” now approve the 3.5T amount. GO NANCY!

Peters needs to have the book thrown at her. Not sure which book as long as it’s heavy.

Amazed to hear that Ravnsborg isn’t out of the woods yet. Such a slime ball. What is it with Repub AGs. (Lookin’ at you, Texas)

27 Likes

Peters admitted last week during a podcast that she had “commissioned somebody to come in” to copy the data.

I don’t know about CO, but in VA all of those data are sealed on Election Night and cannot be unsealed without a court order.

Therefore,

[Peters arguing] that they had at worst committed merely “several technical violations of election regulations.”

is probably wrong. Hope she spends some time in the slammer.

37 Likes

The Four Horsemen of the Derpocalypse

• Perfect the enemy of the good
  • Sports analogies and framing of negotiations
  • Both-Siderisms
  • Defeatism (so as not to be wrong on prognostications)

…Oh…and @left_in_washington_state…YAY for the two moderates

17 Likes

I have no interest in politics. I could care less if the USA goes the way of all corrupt nations–down the tubes. Please don’t ask me to name our current President. I usually don’t vote at all because… But I do like pics of little kitties wearing hats. Only reason I come here.

13 Likes

Does anyone know why Giuliani & Son were banned from Fox? Maybe he couldn’t shut up about Dominion machines? It has to be something like that based on the company’s self-interest, because what he spews in interviews isn’t much different than the other talking heads there.

28 Likes

Yep. Good article says Rudes was dumped from Fox 9/11 anniversary coverage . THAT’s got to leave a mark.

17 Likes

Giuliani has really hurt the U.S.A.

19 Likes

I’d imagine FOX would love that kind of stuff considering they’re loons.

6 Likes

Borat ain’t the only person with young female reporters who need a little protection from predatory old men.

13 Likes

I think the Giulianis will just migrate or slither over to OAN and Newsmax. I am certain their platform will simply be re-located and not shut down. Bet on it.

11 Likes

A billion dollar law suit sucks the loon right out of you.

19 Likes

OAN was sued by Dominion, too? Right?

7 Likes

Probably because they weren’t vaccinated.

9 Likes

I guess Giuliani just hasn’t ever managed to perfect the art of lying without getting too specific about details. Fox will support hints about election fraud and hoaxes about vaccines from now until the midterms, but you shouldn’t ever get too specific with naming individuals or companies. Nope, that’s lawsuit territory. Giuliani needs to take lessons from Tucker.

21 Likes

but isn’t that already baked into the cake at Fox?

5 Likes

Just like water, these assholes always find the lowest point.

13 Likes

Has that stopped them from purporting the lies?

I wouldn’t know - they aren’t something I watch.

4 Likes

Soeaking of "hanging in the balance this is OT but weird… It’s Paul Gosar (nut job-Phoenix) who thinks it good and proper to redo the election so that trump wins cuz he didn’t in the actual election. Really. This happened… I am not making this up.

Happy Monday folks…

29 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available