Newsom Romps, Elder Concedes: Going Trumpy In California Falls Way Short

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) fended off the GOP’s attempt to get him kicked out of office in a recall election that was called barely after the polls closed, and it wasn’t even close.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1387459
2 Likes

U.S. Poverty Fell In 2020 Thanks To COVID Aid

Poverty dropped to 9.1 percent last year after the federal government provided emergency relief for COVID-19.

• Compare that figure to 2019, when poverty was at 11.8 percent.
  • Nearly 8.5 million people were rescued from poverty thanks to the stimulus checks.

Huh, so it turns out that, if you give folks more money, they’re not as poor.

Struggling to find anything I can say about that startling conclusion without using the word “Duh”.

54 Likes

Loser Loses Campaigning Like His Loser Mentor

23 Likes

Miller-Meeks quoting a website that literally says:

“everything on this website is made up”

Bog-standard Republican.

28 Likes
48 Likes
  • The website that published the article , Delaware Ohio News,literally says at the bottom of the page that “everything on this website is made up” and “Do not rely on anything said here.”

So this is just another Onion that the site’s readers are too dumb to understand the sarcasm.

23 Likes

Elder is such a snowflake, giving up and conceding are not the GQP way. I bet he got unfriended by Trump, just like he did to Pence.

24 Likes

They have to say that up front because most MAGAT’s are too stupid to figure it out.

16 Likes

Heck, they’re sticking Ivermectin soaked tampons up their butts, do you expect anything better?

24 Likes

I read it on the internet so it must be true
New Records Show Obama Admin Purchased Aborted Babies’ Heads for $515 Each - LifeNews.com

14 Likes

I hope after all of this California increases the required signatures for a recall election to around 20-30% of registered voters instead of the current requirement of only 12% of those who voted in the last election. This was a ridiculous waste of time and money, but it did serve to expose how truly stupid California’s recall policy is right now.

40 Likes

It will take years of research to understand this, and the results will always be controversial.

44 Likes

Various folks have argued that this was a win-win for Republicans because they got to take a shot at a potential 2024 candidate and possibly knock him off. I argued that they’ll only succeed in elevating a very attractive candidate. But the real screw-up GOPers made is that it’s now quite likely that CA will change their recall elections. Yesterday may be the last time the CA GOP gets a shot at recalling a Dem governor. That’s a lose-lose that probably guarantees they won’t see a GOP governor for decades.

50 Likes

Then they use that money to feed and clothe themselves and their kids, pay the rent, maybe get reliable transportation, etc., etc. and put that money right back into the economy. Oh, dear, what a world Biden and the Dems are creating. People are going to start expecting a decent living, which is anathema to GQPers.

35 Likes

61 Likes

And the stories keep adding up.

BTW forget the ethics of denying treatment to covid patients (or at least ICU beds). What I want to happen is dump them out when the bed is needed.

A Boy Went to a COVID-Swamped ER. He Waited for Hours. Then His Appendix Burst.

31 Likes

They will need to get the group that audited the Maricopa County, AZ election results to get to the truth.

5 Likes

They say you should respect your Elders. I think we can all agree to make an exception in this case.

8 Likes

I would suggest that whenever someone starts to gen up a recall vote, they must include “This will cost taxpayers $300 million” in big bold type on all materials

25 Likes

Political Press are full of shit; polishing their own knobs.

(Thread).
37 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available