Newsmax Runs Away From Its Election Conspiracy Coverage Like A Scalded Dog | Talking Points Memo

Newsmax on Monday became the second television operation to air a lengthy fact-check-style segment rebutting the conspiracy theories it’s aired for weeks about the 2020 election, after a voting machine manufacturer threatened them with legal consequences. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350418

As if that is enough, front page lies, 40th page correction weeks latter.

36 Likes

What are FOX, OAN and Newsmax up to?

12 Likes

Well this is just so much fun. Finally after decades of blatantly lying to viewers/listeners right wing media is being taken to task by private interests and it is working. The rightwing nets are running scared because they know they crapped in their own mess kits.

48 Likes

I’m not saying they’re not still a bunch of fuckers.

56 Likes

Trying to spark an insurrection for fun and profit, apparently, based on a bunch of insane conspiracy theories that would have embarrassed Lyndon LaRouche.

21 Likes

What are FOX, OAN and Newsmax up to?

avoiding a huge lawsuit that those companies would win even if they had Rudy as their lawyer

34 Likes

I hope all the mother fuckers are sued out of existence.

38 Likes

The network would like to clarify it’s coverage, Tobacco said — “and note it has not reported as true certain claims made about these companies.”

I do hope the courts get to inform Newsmax et al. that there’s no backsies, that they can’t unfuck that chicken.

43 Likes

… “John Tobacco?”

16 Likes

Attempting to save their miserable skins.

27 Likes

Like a scalded dog? I’ve never seen that, hope I never do, and what an insult to dogs. Newsmax ran like the Aholes they are, but don’t conjure up images of our beloved pooches in pain–please.

27 Likes

I don’t care about anything else about this story.

I fell hopelessly in love with the name John Tobacco, and nothing else matters.

19 Likes
10 Likes

According to Google it’s really “Tabacco”
@kelaine, I don’t mean to rain on your
Parade😊

10 Likes

Lawsuits: It’s the only damned language the RWNJ’s speak!! Fuck 'em!!

20 Likes

I wish I knew enough about libel law to know just how fucked these 3 news outlets are. And then there are all the other wingnut news sites…

7 Likes

At least Newsmax actually had one of its on-air personalities read the retraction. Fox just sat some tech guy in a chair while an off-camera producer asked some questions about Trump’s claims. (Spoiler: they’re all bullshit)

14 Likes

As it relates to Fox, I theek this would be the 3rd one regarding a 1A argument.

Difference is, their future opponent ait Karen McDougal.

18 Likes

Given how specific and quickly forthcoming these retractions were, my guess is pretty fucked…

25 Likes