New York AG Joins Criminal Probe Into Trump Organization | Talking Points Memo

Investigators from the New York attorney general’s office are now working alongside the Manhattan district attorney in its ongoing criminal fraud investigation into former President Donald Trump and his company.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1374612
3 Likes

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the organization is no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, a spokesman for James, said in a statement first reported by CNN. “We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan D.A. We have no additional comment at this time.”

Good!

47 Likes

Which Trump spawn will be first to flip?

Blood or water?

22 Likes

OK, this is good news. The response from Trump will be interesting. He needs to get the election results overturned pretty soon so he can hide behind the desk in the oval office. Let’s hope the stress from these investigations and the Jan 6 commission push him over the edge.

33 Likes

Drip, drip, drip, drip… Federal investigations frequently work slowly, painfully slowly, but thoroughness takes time. Trump and his minions are leaving FL (for the heat supposedly, but from what I see now, not the thermal kind) for NJ, so his “team” can travel more easily to NYC. Let it play out, and let the letter and intent of the law that he’s avoided for so long bit him in his ass.

21 Likes

How long will Allen W. let them go after his family?

Is he loyal ultimately to the Weisselbergs or to the Trumps?

36 Likes

I think Beavis or Butthead will be the first major crack – not because they flip but because they are too stupid to keep their mouths shut. Take after Daddy like that – he always says the quiet part out loud.

Ivankadonk has a bit more self-control, Tiffany has never been in the “cool kids” club, so I don’t expect the girls to play as big a role (even though Ivankadonk is probably key to the whole mess).

Jared remembers his daddy going to jail, so he will probably stay mum. Unless he cuts a deal to save himself from jail or worse at the expense of FatAss. Which may happen.

We should start a pool…

47 Likes

I know it’s really early, Santa, but this is really truly all I want this year.

38 Likes

I hope we are getting close to several tipping points involving Trump’s toadies. They could go down like dominoes because no one wants to be left holding the bag.

17 Likes

I expect we’re about to find out.

18 Likes

I will NOT be the pool boy!!!

30 Likes

There has to be a way Rudy Giuliani can get some Ukrainian oligarchs to pay him $20 million to get this prosecution scuttled.

13 Likes

Already taken by Giancarlo Granda

9 Likes

I take Alan W. first, followed by Jared. I think you are right about Beavis and Butthead, they could trip up and move to the front of the line but maybe their lawyers have them on a short leash.

21 Likes

They’ll just gnaw through it.

19 Likes

This is good news for ramping up Trump’s blood pressure, but I hope it isn’t six months to a year before we hear about actual charges being filed. We want it to be an ironclad case (or series of cases), but justice shouldn’t take forever.

13 Likes

I doubt a leash will help much — perhaps their lawyers should consider muzzles.

26 Likes

No Liberty Biberty U. for you.

12 Likes

Here’s the thing that irks me: they’re investigating criminal activity that goes back, quite literally, decades that should have sent Trump to prison decades ago. And they didn’t. Who knows why? Because Trump was a big Democratic donor? Because he was a D-List celebrity who’d make a big stink? Because they were afraid of what exposing the systemic corruption of Manhattan real estate and/or its ties between Manhattan real estate and the Mafia and Russian mobs would do to business in the City? Too busy frying bigger fish to worry about Trump’s fraud? Who knows?

But imagining what the nation and world would have been spared if the DA, AG and the Feds had done their jobs ten or twenty years ago makes me fucking crazy.

74 Likes

I think it will be Weisselberg, to save family from further disgrace. Assuming he cares enough for them.

Hope Weisselberg has Good security/bodyguards! Hes got a pretty big target on his back.

13 Likes