New Trouble Is Brewing In The Mar-a-Lago Case

So the WaPo sat on a story shining the light on a facist SCOTUS judge…reason 493 to disregard most of the corporate owned MSM and understand how editorial decisions perpetuate the corruption we are witnessing in this era. Developing informed,reasonable opinions is more difficult than ever especially for those paying attention only at the margin.

6 Likes

Florida districts are now closing public schools due to the effects of the #vouchers scam. This by design. Vouchers have always been a torpedo aimed at sinking public schools - including schools in #Arkansas, thanks to our legislators.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/26/desantis-florida-school-closures-00159926

9 Likes

I see that Cannon has denied Smith’s request for a gag order on criticizing law enforcement officers and chastised Smith for not conferring with Trump’s lawyers before requesting the order.

She’s clearly in the tank for Trump. Undoubtedly bidding for a U.S. Supreme Court nomination if Trump wins.

Smith should appeal this decision and request a new judge. He has nothing to lose. If she presides over the trial she will destroy the prosecution’s case.

6 Likes

104 in Orlando yesterday which in a way was a plus. We had reservations in the French Bistro in Epcot and walked right in. Too hot for most tourists.

2 Likes

… and slowly they step closer to to the idea of coming up with a visible marking to identify those with
“wicked, evil hearts” and “that aren’t in Christ” … I dunno … maybe tattoos ?

1 Like

Considering how the state is so devoutly Christian and suitably pious…it’s tough to explain the endless stream of natural, human and political disasters that could have been simply prayed away…quite the loving deity ya got down there…

4 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/live-blog/trump-das-office-make-their-closing-arguments-to-the-jury

https://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/t/trump-da-s-office-make-their-closing-arguments-to-the-jury-tpm-talking-points-memo

2 Likes

But the Atacama has also attained a less wondrous distinction as one of the world’s fast-growing dumps of discarded clothes, thanks to the rapid mass production of inexpensive attire known as fast fashion. The phenomenon has created so much waste that the UN calls it “an environmental and social emergency.” The challenge is turning off that tap.

5 Likes

I was getting an error 503. When TPM site doesn’t open I get very excited that something has happened! tsf in jail! But no, just system updates. : (

3 Likes
10 Likes

Welp, that didn’t take long. Here’s hoping this is the opening for Jack Smith to (finally) head over to the 11th and get her booted from the case. (As Joyce Vance has pointed out, Cannon’s dismissal comes with a nearly automatic appeal.)

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-declines-bar-trump-making-comments-about-law-enforcement-2024-05-28/

6 Likes

MTG shows off her Bleach Blonde Bad Built Body…

Body by AI

4 Likes

Trump broke TPM in order to fix it

3 Likes

I can GUARANTEE you that no such thing happened in Peru. I’ve been going into the Peruvian Amazon for 30 years or more and NO WAY this happened. It’s a fabrication right out of a movie. The people that live on the rivers do not do this nor do any of them use bows. They use a gun to hunt. Way up buy the border with Brazil there are “uncontacted” that use archery but they do not hunt people or invite reprisal. Nor are they often seen.

4 Likes

Also, Cohen’s testimony confirmed that Trump had a shill in the NYT, Maggie Haggerman, who could be relied upon to amplify their message.

2 Likes

This is typical with DNS issues - underlying pages (direct links) tend to work, but the main page throws the 503 or 500 error.

I notice that Amazon Web Services (AWS) is having issues on the East Coast (via downdetector) - not sure what hosting service TPM uses. Obviously the discourse app is sitting at a different URL and isn’t affected with the issues of the main site.

3 Likes

Been having problems here too.

3 Likes

Their next move will be to sell these “failed schools” to for-profit charters or parochial schools for $10, who will then receive grants with no strings attached to “turn them around.”

5 Likes

Which probably explains this.

free link:

It’s being looked at

8 Likes

Smith can’t appeal a ruling made “without prejudice”, AFAIK. It’s essentially a fix-it ticket, saying “correct this [perceived] error and refile the motion if you choose to”.

The only tangible immediate outcome is more delay, which of course is Cannon’s entire objective.

2 Likes