New Hampshire Sen Candidate Who Vowed To Defy Election Results Leads In New Poll

A New Hampshire Republican who’s promised to defy the presidential election results, should he be called upon to do so in 2024, is leading in that state’s Republican Senate primary. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429150
1 Like

Frist.

So, out of the gate, Bolduc is already willing to defy federal law? Bolduc should be labeled by the Dems as a traitor if he wins the primary. Hit him hard and where it counts.

30 Likes

Waiter, I’ll have whatever the kitten’s having.

28 Likes

What a feeling of confidence in the US Armed Forces it gives me to learn that 120 generals and admirals signed a letter saying Trump won the election.

21 Likes

Seems like there is total fascist control of the republican cult at this point, at least control of candidate selection.

Perhaps this means that any slightly moderate members of the cult are disgusted to the point of no longer participating in the primary process. Perhaps the severe fascist tilt of the cult’s rhetoric and deeds will discourage a portion of their voters from participating in November’s elections.

Does anyone know if the number of voters in the cult’s primaries is decreasing, or is it about the same? It would surely be discouraging if the transformation of the republican party is actually increasing their popularity. I believe polling has shown that that, at least, isn’t the case.

15 Likes

We can’t say it loudly or often enough: You. cannot. afford. to. vote. GOP. Indefinitely.

10 Likes

When fascists tell you that they are fascists, believe them.

19 Likes

At what point will it be “OK” in the minds of media editors to talk about the GOP as an anti-democratic, anti-electoral, militant nationalist party? Will we need to wait until an election is successfully overturned by violence?

I mean, fascists gonna fasce, and all that, but if we can’t openly discuss it for fear of backlash or bothsidesism or lack of “even handedness”, we are really doomed.

31 Likes

I see they don’t want a fair election.

13 Likes

A good question. Failing to do so means they are supporting the idea as viable.

8 Likes

What-the-hell is wrong with New Hampshire?
Is there any place left in this nation to be “Safe and Sane”; and, here-I-thought Safe and Sane was just a brand of Fireworks.

3 Likes

He and another candidate, Bruce Fenton, also said they supported repealing the 17th Amendment, which required the direct election of U.S. senators.

Because you can’t gerrymander a state-wide vote. Like @jtx said above, they just don’t want a fair election.

23 Likes

So has any intrepid reporter asked the scary authority man what he plans on doing for the residents of NH once elected?

14 Likes

IOKIYAR re: FBI going into a former POTUS home. Guaranteed they will change their tune for Biden or another Dem.

4 Likes

How can you vote to elect someone that openly tells you he will not honor your votes in other elections?

8 Likes

republicans against democracy

4 Likes

Retired, if that helps.

6 Likes

What-the-hell is wrong with New Hampshire?

Hard to figure. Sen Hassan dodged a bullet when Gov Sununu decided not to run - for her seat. She has to beat this nut. Real problem is representation - two senators in CA representing about 40 million people and two senators in NH representing about 1.5 million people. And when the Senate votes all four of their votes are of equal value. Someday …

9 Likes

We will be damn lucky to win this race even despite it likely a crazy person becomes the nominee.

Every one of Hassan’s commercials are awful.

I will obviously vote for her, but her ads make her look foolish.

“Most bipartisan Senator” (Last thing I want Ina senator)

“I’ll work with Republicans” (how? By running at the football full steam to have Lucy pull the ball away?)

“Hi, I’m Charlie Brown, and I approve this message”

1 Like

It would have been close though. Sununu signed an ugly abortion law recently. I think it was clear by the time he made his decision that the SC was at least even odds on the Roe repeal.

He very well could have lost with southern NH (AKA North Massachusetts) not wanting to send someone like that to Washington.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available