New Hampshire Sen Candidate Who Vowed To Defy Election Results Leads In New Poll

So has any intrepid reporter asked the scary authority man what he plans on doing for the residents of NH once elected?

More and more it seems to be the ‘’ intrepid reporter’’, but that’s just my view. Just cant understand it though, these nuts leaving themselves wide open for any reporter to pin them against a wall, asking really simple non-political questions - like you suggested.

1 Like

That sounds truly awful. Who is running her campaign?

2 Likes

It was a beautiful…a perfect…Freudian slip…

4 Likes

If I had to guess DNC focus groups.

2 Likes

Don’t know anything about NH except for watching the polling. Why should it be even close? Is it the media or is she taking too many vacations?

1 Like

It’s a good thing that William Loeb and his wife aren’t still running the Union Leader to go to bat for this reprobate.

3 Likes

The “live free or die” mentality makes some parts of NH the “South of the Northeast” but this is offset by southern NH being commuting distance to Boston and in that media market.

Hassan has the Resume for the Job, and is capable enough but has a quieter presence than the other female former governor turned Senator.

As the rubber meets the road, She is basically better on paper than in reality.

Hassan won by only ~1000 votes in 2016, so even with a Kook as her opponent. This is the senate race we have to watch closest IMO

5 Likes

Those are things that (apparently) have to be said in quirky, “independent”-minded New Hampshire, just like in neighboring Maine.

2 Likes

According to focus groups with a 1990’s mindset. Its the whole DLC/ third way BS mindset is how we keep losing.

I fear that Hassan simply accepted that “this is how its done” when clearly there are other Democrats in areas equally purple or even more tilted republican that are less measly mouthed and BS bipartisanship.

Shaheen, despite being somewhat moderate direct come off this way.

I’d actually like to hear her say something, anything, negative about Republicans

1 Like

Oddly, this strikes me as another version of the classic GOP projection about Dems only being able to steal elections by rigging the system. In the RW mythology used to activate the “base”, the Dems are always trying to cheat “real” patriots out of their rights.

2 Likes

I was speculating that those admirals and generals just earned themselves a dishonorable discharge.

3 Likes

It’s a no-no for active duty, is my understanding. But as private citizens they can hold and express any stupid opinion they have a mind to.

6 Likes

Democrats have been winning Senate and House races in NH but it is usually close. Plenty of right wing scumbags in NH. Fascist Bolduc is among the worst. He’ll get votes but I’m hopeful moderates will be repelled and vote for Hassan.Her bipartisan ad campaign is effective and is not directed at voters like me. Shaheen ran similar ads with success. This is not Massachusetts or California.

7 Likes

Did Tucker just say that he has been subpoenaed for knowing about the attempt to sell classified documents to Saudi Arabia at the LIV golf tournament July 29-31 and the CIA is investigating? A lot of words tumbled out of his mouth, but that’s what I heard.

3 Likes

I can understand how she might be leery of triggering the always present misogyny, but this sounds spineless. I never got a bad read off her–does she relate well to people?

“He and another candidate, Bruce Fenton, also said they supported repealing the 17th Amendment, which required the direct election of U.S. senators. Previously, state legislatures — which around the country are plagued by gerrymandered, unrepresentative districts — selected U.S. senators themselves.”

What is it about Republicans that they all seem like smart people for the 19th century?

2 Likes

(HINT: Those people weren’t smart back the., either!)

2 Likes

Who knows…he got it all wrong anyway since it was the FBI, not the CIA, that searched MAL (altho Tucky saying CIA indicates his concern about foreign espionage being uncovered) and Giuliani isn’t a target of a federal investigation but rather a state one in GA. He can’t tell the truth even when it seems like he might even be trying to.

6 Likes

So the GOP will nominate another traitor?

Sad.

3 Likes

NH Dems…work cut out for you.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available