New Docs Show The Agony And Ecstasy Of Trump Official’s Attempt To Influence CDC COVID Reporting

He repeated “there are no fish there” on the P.A. system.

1 Like

Paul Alexander, formerly a top deputy to Health and Human Services assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, the longtime Trump hype man and HHS official, is the star of the tranche of emails.

What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

Jim Clyburn is a Democratic Representative from South Carolina. Great article, though; enjoyed reading it.

TC in NC

2 Likes

Ironically, one of the reasons that CDC headquarters was moved to Atlanta was to insulate it from DC politics and interference. But in our virtual world, insulation is no longer possible, obviously.

3 Likes

Although most of these thugs and reprobates were hack placeholders for the king of hack placeholders,their dedication to putting America in danger and gutting the reputation of the CDC goes down as yeoman’s work on the wrong side of the ledger.

4 Likes

When it’s not a skating rink, it’s an amusement park. (I am not making this up.)

As I recall, the CDC (or its earliest incarnation) was always in Atlanta, because that’s where one went to find and research malaria.

(By “always” I mean from the time of its founding, in the WWII era.)

1 Like

“This is unfair and my reputation is at stake and I am being maligned with simple lines leaked and taken out of context.”

This is amusing, considering how Alexander “proved” the various assertions he made about the science.

He’s yet another example of how political preferences can overcome a decent education.

3 Likes

How about a special counsel? Laws broken? What does the IG at HHS have to say?

I don’t park my amusement just anywhere.

2 Likes

That’s correct in part; its earliest incarnation was as the Communicable Disease Center. In the 60s as its role expanded there was talk of moving it to the DC area to be closer to NIH and FDA. There were a few committees formed to consider the pros and cons but it was decided to leave it where it was.

1 Like

That is a great sentiment. However, there is no system that can’t be corrupted by people of bad will. Even if a stronger CDC had been able to resist meddling by Trump and his Myrmidons, he would have used it as evidence that the “Deep State” was undermining him.

The answer is to elect Politicians who don’t work at corrupting the system.

4 Likes

DoJ is going to need more investigators.

1 Like

Recruiters who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the Post that former President Trump’s significantly low approval rating upon leaving office, as well as being the only president in U.S. history to be impeached twice, has deterred companies from hiring former administration officials.

Hopefully assholes like Alexander and Caputo will never work again.

3 Likes

Are you MSNBC’s Ari Melber in real life?

I’m older than Ari, and thus have more musical styles to inflict upon ya’ll.

3 Likes

Ecstacy for Alexander and Caputo, agony for all the little people. You know, we could use some ecstacy ourselves did you ever think of that huh? No? I thought so.

2 Likes

Management:
“Your guy worked for the most incompetent laziest presidency ever and everything he did was wrong and he repeatedly lied and then stole time and money from his employers?”

Employment Agency:
"That’s right, but in his defense, he did manage to prevent regular health and safety measures from being enacted. If you give him a chance…’

Management
" I’m afraid he’s just not 7-11 timber."

5 Likes

Who is this sad, pathetic man? And are the “they” he speaks of, the Democrats?

That’s funny. Until concern and urgings becomes some sort of physical assault “They” aren’t coming for anything.

Oh, maybe he meant black people. Then that talking self indulged selfish makes more sense.

"Have you ever seen anybody that is so full of crap?”
 —The Loser, on Dr. Fauci, April 2021

This is the best the Republican Party can do.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available