New Docs Show The Agony And Ecstasy Of Trump Official’s Attempt To Influence CDC COVID Reporting

From a gleeful “yippee!!!” to a pained reminder that his reputation is on the line, a Trump administration official’s failures and successes to influence the CDC’s COVID-19 reporting is captured in a new document dump from the House Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369025

Manslaughter, straight up.

10 Likes

Clyburn wrote to Alexander. “You also made extensive use of a private email account in connection with your work for the Department of Health and Human Services.”

18 Likes

Disgraceful

8 Likes

TrumPandemic Tribunals

9 Likes

Trump told us that on 9/11 he heard hundreds cheering from New Jersey. Obviously a falsehood but he did hire folks who meddled and manipulated CDC data causing the death of hundreds of thousands while shouting yippee!

11 Likes

Depraved indifference.

17 Likes

There needs to be a commission to investigate what happened to the CDC. This venerable agency was reduced to shameless pandering within one single presidential term in office. It is heartbreaking to see how science has been degraded and vilified by those entrusted with the Nation’s health and, indeed, the world’s. This cannot happen again. There must be boundaries set in place to protect the CDC from future political hacks. Dr. Robert Redfield deserves nothing less than the eternal scorn of a disgusted nation.

27 Likes

yup.

1 Like

“The more I know the more I realize what I don’t know.” (close)
What else don’t we know about Trump’s attempt to kill our Country?

12 Likes

You are too kind.

13 Likes

Republicans disagree.

And that’s the heart of the problem.

No commission will solve it.

10 Likes

Still, we need to know what happened and who are the people involved in changing/faking data. In the event that any of them are capable of shame, they should be identified, shamed and banned from future work in any scientific field.

10 Likes

And if there was a problem, yo, I’ll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

It’s Friday and I can’t help myself.
But you’re right you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make a Republican understand reality, facts, and stuff like that.

7 Likes

I could not agree more.

And am working on it, as you might guess. Any help would be appreciated!

But for now I’m out. You have a great week-end.

9 Likes

So, Glenn Kirschner has drafted and sent 102 letters to the governors and AGs of each state, plus two to DC, urging them all to sue Trump for how badly he handled this.

Hey friends. Here are 1. the #TeamJustice letter to all 50 state (& DC) attorneys general demanding Trump be investigated for avoidable COVID deaths & 2. the link to sign the letter. Hope you’ll join the fight for justice. Because #JusticeMatters https://t.co/RUuW4Jggtz pic.twitter.com/9yXRnGEQ2u

— Glenn Kirschner (@glennkirschner2) February 15, 2021
13 Likes

Thanks and same to you.

1 Like

“This is unfair and my reputation is at stake and I am being maligned with simple lines leaked and taken out of context."

When any remaining doubt you have the wrong person for the pandemic job vanishes.

4 Likes

Speaking of the TrumpMalAdministration (now just a single CamelCased word),…

Sounds to me like , “okay, Weisselberg, do you really want your kids to go down too , or would you rather fess up?”

7 Likes

Well since the ice rink was only open for what, six weeks, eight weeks? What did Barry do the rest of the year?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available