Navy To Punish Captain Who Raised Alarm About Coronavirus On Ship

Once Trump is gone and the Democrats are in control of the White House again a whole lot of people in the government and military are going to need to be relieved of duty. And I’m not talking about Trump sycophants / appointees like Thomas Modly who will be gone after an administration change. Anyone who went above and beyond the call of duty to help Trump needs to go.

7 Likes

I don’t see this standing for long. I’ll grant that a significant portion of the Military brass are Trump supporters but they support their own over all. If I’m not mistaking the “acting” Secretary of the Navy is a political appointee and without the support of brass in uniform, this is going to piss off a lot of Stars and Bars and fool none of them.

It’s also another incidence of draft dodging Trump trashing a Uniformed American for personal reasons. It’s going to be hard for the GOP to play the “the Democrats hate the Military” con when a Democrat is elected POTUS and reverses this crap.

Ill bet there’s a change of heart in less than 10 days. “It was all taken out of context. The Captain is an honorable man and we decided it was time to move him out of a Command to a Staff ( always a demotion ) position where he could serve his country better and that was not related to any actions he took on the behalf of his crew or his command of them”. If not they’ll be lucky not to have a mutiny on that ship.

1 Like

If a strong Democrat is elected I agree. I’m not sure Biden or Sanders are Truman kind of guys. If they are they’ll summon every damn Commissioned Officer that played politics for Trump and put their shoulders up against the Oval Office walls and leave them there at ridged attenuation for an hour. Then jack them up, bust them a rank ( a nasty letter in their 201 file is the equivalent of that ) and send them off to retire.

8 Likes

He had to know that this would be the outcome for him. And, yet,
HE PERSISTED.

9 Likes

I’m sure Putin is all broken up over that.

Trump is a Russian agent.

7 Likes

Captain Crozier should have received the Navy Cross, not been relieved of duty.

5 Likes

I hope that was sarcasm.

You made 3 allegations in that post. All against a career Navy Officer. The first was one of cowardice. Did you note that the navy never said any such thing and that the man put a long career on the line for his men? He’s suffered an enormous wrong and not cried a peep. He’ll lose 20 plus years of his life and he knew that was a possibility. Where is the cowardice in that.

You said he gave information to our enemies? What information and what enemy? Perhaps you don’t know much about military stuff but there was nothing in that letter that was of use to an enemy and at this point in time we are not at war with any “enemy” with a Navy. There was nothing in it that could be of tactical or intel use to anyone. Russian, Chinese and Iranian navies are in the same situation. That letter would only usher support by one of those countries because that’s how sailors roll.

You allege that he was involved in the leak to the media. The Navy says no such thing. Perhaps you should take your infinite wisdom to Annapolis and clue them in. Better yet go fuck yourself in your “never served” ass.

17 Likes

I agree. I would love to see a congressional hearing on this one. This is the brass covering its ass.

6 Likes

I’m a Navy vet. This is disgusting. I want to see a congressional hearing on it.

8 Likes

I’ll bet he didn’t leak it. Not like a man with such concern for his men to do something like that. But as the song goes…“ohh that smell…can you smell that smell…” This stinks of Big Brass reprisal. Rather than take this Capt.'s concerns to heart they saw them as a threat to the norm that keeps them comfy in their offices and fucked the guy. The stink of Trump is all over this as well.

I don’t see this staying. The Pentagon has got to find a way out of this.

4 Likes

I’m an Army vet and it pisses me off too.

6 Likes

That’s always been true. The fastest way out the door has always been to publicly embarrass leadership.

I definitely have room to entertain the possibility that that has been put into hyperdrive by this administration coupled with the current crisis, though.

He certainly was when he was XO on 76. Enjoyed working with him, and would have been proud to have served under him.

3 Likes

The bureaucrats who run the navy and the defense department are the enemies, not the captain commanding a ship full of sailors, many of whom had symptoms of the virus.

1 Like

Starting to feel like the Austrian Empire over 'round here.

2 Likes

Frustrated by inaction from the command structure he spoke out in defense of the men and women under his command. He’s a hero.

3 Likes

Modly didn’t like that he look and is completely incompetent.
He would rather have sick and dying sailors …

1 Like

You really don’t want any dissent when someone is trying very hard to Make America Great Again by destroying jobs, destroying American lives with death, disease and conservative trickle down health care supplies death panels and simultaneously destroying the economy.

Dissent and free speech and concern for the lives of our men and women in uniform is cowardly, not conservative and unAmerican. Everyone knows the chinese virus is a democratic hoax to impeach our illegitimate Russia-elected Commander-in-Chief who has decreed that there will be a miracle and that it will be gone by Easter.

3 Likes

That’s called responsible leadership. He’s concerned about those under his command, not about whether what he says fits into a predetermined narrative and looks good. T
Thank you, sir.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available