Navy To Punish Captain Who Raised Alarm About Coronavirus On Ship

Fuck the Navy. Rearly have a more quickly lost respect in an agency as with this. I hope that he sues, personally, the “acting” asswipe who Trump made “acting” navy secretary.

Clearly this is political push back, as it makes DOD and Trump’s lackies look bad. No one should have his career ended by standing up for the safety of the people under his command.

9 Likes

Yes. He should have died in silence.

Why can’t YOU set an example for him?

9 Likes

Tells you how bad things are that the military is being crippled, and the only offense worth punishing is speaking up about it.

25 Likes

Well, some of our enemies are above him right there in the chain of command … What do you recommend we do about them?

17 Likes

Some are occasionally here posting ridiculous nonsense.

13 Likes

This kind of shit goes on all the time in every branch.
Do not expose the poor leadership of your superiors.
That’s the net of it.

8 Likes

Just as I suspected, he’s been at my local NAS (Lemoore) … or at least it was before I moved from the Central Valley. He was the base commander for some period of time. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’s the sort of person we should want commanding troops. And that’s why he made a decision to do his duty at the cost of keeping his job.

32 Likes

Wonder what the new Captain will do with the crew. It`s not like they can ignore it or cover it up. That Crozier guy fell on his sword for his crew.

17 Likes

My take, as a retired Naval Officer, is that he was relieved of command because he “embarrassed” the CinC and those beneath IMPOTUS took the easy route. Better to take care of your people than to step on them in search of your Flag rank. He will land on his feet in retirement and do well and be able to look in the mirror and KNOW he did what was right.

Alpha Bravo, Captain!

43 Likes

It’s quite possible that without the leak the Navy might have stonewalled. If Capt Crozier leaked it I’m sure he knew what he was doing and what the repercussions would be for the leak and not leaking the info. Screw the Brass.

18 Likes

Some of those ridiculous posts smell like borscht and vodka.

8 Likes

“He was relieved because he showed cowardice in this situation…”

You’re talking out of your ass.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, it is typical Navy. RHIP is alive and well in that service.

2 Likes

The ass-speak is strong in that one.

7 Likes

“REFLECT” ??? No, never. Not for a moment.

3 Likes

Why should one stay silent to defend dishonorable men?

19 Likes

One more example that weenies and cowards are in charge. Had Commander Bone Spurs and his Prancing Gigoloes been on duty instead of perpetually at the party, across the board we could have been prepared. One person’s inability to tell the truth destroys careers and lives.

8 Likes

I think the message is clear. Embarrass Trump. Lose your job. Period. Full Stop.

5 Likes

Well at least he is not facing a firing squad of 20mm AA guns like it would have happened if he had crossed the North Korean Dear Leader.

2 Likes

Remaining silent can only add to this tragedy.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available