Navy To Punish Captain Who Raised Alarm About Coronavirus On Ship

The Navy is expected to announce the relief of duty of a captain who raised the alarm about a quick-spreading coronavirus outbreak aboard the nuclear aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, according to NBC News.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1301404
1 Like

Per NBC, the official reason for Crozier’s relief of duty will be “loss of trust and confidence.”

Never had any “trust and confidence” in Trump.

Can he be given “relief of duty” as well?

40 Likes

Apparent these days; Loose lips sink Navy careers!

5 Likes

I would proudly serve under Capt Crozier’s command. Any time. Any where.

34 Likes

But the truth is…in the Trump Regime…you tell the truth you get punished!

What happened to “Honor, Courage, Commitment”?

Just a reminder to the US Navy…It is a commitment to tell the truth!

27 Likes

That’s total BS, the captain did the right thing by calling for help, that situation was going to kill some soldiers. Odds are he wrote the letter after he wasn’t getting as much help as he thought necessary, and that he’s not the only captain who is in the same situation. A captain’s duty is to his ship and crew, and he did right by them…too bad the Pentagon is not going to stand behind him.

43 Likes

Crozier is a true hero.

He knew he was sacrificing his career to protect the men under his command, but he did it anyway,

49 Likes

If he leaked the letter then perhaps some discipline is warranted. Writing the letter makes the captain a leader and a hero.

11 Likes

As a veteran I am disgusted with Trump’s Navy admirals. Our military is now going to be distroyed. We know where they stand now. Certainly not with our sailors.

43 Likes

Certainly Trump will reflect back upon his own period of service to his country and understand the gravity of being responsible for the lives place in his command …

OH … what’s that ? … hummm … well never mind…

17 Likes

Acting U.S. Navy Secretary Thomas Modly: If Crozier was the one who leaked the letter to the media, it “would be something that would violate the principles of good order and discipline.”

I would’ve thought that forcing 4,000 sailors to needlessly die like rats aboard a virus-infested aircraft carrier “would be something that would violate the principles of good order and discipline.”

(Shows you how naive I am when it comes to military thinking!)

69 Likes

Putin’s plan is working better than he ever imagined -

22 Likes

“Acting Secretary” pretty much says it all.

29 Likes

A lifelong friend who was a Regular Navy officer, says it’s typical Navy.
I wasn’t in the Navy, but predicted this.

15 Likes

Navy To Punish Captain Who Raised Alarm About Coronavirus On Ship

Serves the whiner well. The Dear Leader gets enough shit as it is from Democrats. Clearly Capt. Crozier didn’t have what it takes to make flag officer, which is unlimited capacity to suck up, and never, ever embarrass superiors.

8 Likes

Is there any government institution that hasn’t been corrupted by this malicious, venal administration?

16 Likes

Hanging offense:

20 Likes

“It’s disappointing to hear him say that. However, at the same time, I know that that’s not the truth,” said acting U.S. Navy Secretary Thomas Modly in response to Crozier’s bleak conclusion. He added, per Reuters, that if Crozier was the one who leaked the letter to the media, it “would be something that would violate the principles of good order and discipline.”

Up your lying political ass with a woodrasp, Modly, you damned brown-nosing spittle-licking cesspool-diving fool.

17 Likes

GOP’s arguments are casuistry, specious and sophistic,

Worse, they’re bullshit.

6 Likes

He was relieved because he showed cowardice in this situation and gave information to our enemies by leaking or allowing the letter to be leaked.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available