Navy To Punish Captain Who Raised Alarm About Coronavirus On Ship

The respect and admiration of the people you serve with. All the rest is background noise.

Look at the sterling example of our military academies such as Pompao, first in class, last in integrity. The standard has fallen so low they should be disbanded. How many more cheating scandals in the ranks need to happen before this disgraced and discredited training centers reforms. It won’t come from within.

I’m all set for the firing squads we’re gonna need to take care of the anti-American traitors in the White House.

For the 2nd time in 2 days I exchanged emails with a lifelong friend who served as a Regular Navy officer. He’ s in no ways shocked at this punishment for standing up for his people. Does nothing for one’s career to do so.

1 Like

We can be sure he has been one fine officer, going to bat for his sailors.

2 Likes

He got a good sendoff

3 Likes

“… principles of good order and discipline…”

Mr. Secretary: Please articulate which principle this behavior violated.
We can be sure Donnie told you to destroy this man as a warning to others in the military.

1 Like

The Navy Cross can only be won in actual combat. It is the Navy’s highest decoration that can only be won in combat. Unlike in other services, the Medal of Honor can be won in line of profession in the Navy. Perhaps Capt Crozier deserves a Medal of Honor instead.

1 Like

The captain of a ship should (and this has been known to actually happen in the past) have his career ended for not standing up for the safety of the people under his command.

Sadly for many generals / admirals - lower ranking individuals are just “units of productivity”
Walking, talking pieces of ammunition.

1 Like

Our troops were cannon fodder in WW2. The memoirs of men who survived 2 yrs in the infantry across France and into Germany or in the Pacific confirm this.

2 Likes

True, but where in WWII were the infantry not cannon fodder? The Soviets lost nearly twice as many troops in Stalingrad alone, compared to the entire WWII losses of the combined U.S. Armed Forces. The Western Allies took greater care that our troops not be cannon fodder, when compared to the Eastern Front. Before 1945, 90% of all German casualties were on the Eastern Front.

1 Like

The fact that it was a leak, maybe not of his doing, is what would really suck.

1 Like

You are correct, but it’s kind of beside the point. Our military is hypocritical about it.
The Russkies and Germans didn’t pretend that they gave a shit about casualties.
In WW1, a “war of attrition” was a strategy: Try to kill more of them than they of us.

1 Like

In honor of our 43rd President, be sure to write “stratergy,” along with “misunderestimate” and “nucular.” With respect to the Soviets and Germans, and us, for that matter, that in part depended on the general.

1 Like

Apparently, the Acting SecNav (there is no one permanent at the top in this maladministration) fired the captain for putting too many ccs on his appeal to evacuate sailors. One of the ccs must have leaked it. So he’s losing his post, and his career, because his good judgment got out.

3 Likes

In the military one just does not call attention to the incompetence or indifference of those “up the chair” without paying consequences.

1 Like

I think that applies to every bureaucracy, and there ain’t no sclerotic bureaucracy like a 40+ year peacetime navy.

1 Like

I shudda said, “In the military and in every bureaucracy…”
You’re right, to be sure. Mgrs fail for the same reasons in every organization.
I’ve worked for not one, but two crazy bosses.

1 Like

There are few things worse than working for a crazy boss. There are few things as pleasurable in working for a great boss. At the moment I’m enjoying the latter.

With respect to “bureaucracy” large or small, it’s all about the leadership. That enormous bureaucracy, the Pentagon, functioned superbly when it had George C. Marshall as its leader. Schools are smaller bureaucracies, and I have seen a great principal (e.g. the leader of this bureaucracy) take a lousy school and make it a great school in three years; as important, with the same staff. Conversely a bad principal can take a great school and turn it into a lousy school in three years. I’ve learned to partly judge a leader by intensity of loyalty of the staff closest to this leader. That is almost always a tell.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available