Navy Contractor In Riot Was Known By Colleagues For Anti-Semitic And White Supremacist Views | Talking Points Memo

A U.S. Army reservist who participated in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was widely known as a white supremacist and regularly discussed his hatred of Jews while working at a New Jersey-based naval facility, according to new evidence revealed by federal prosecutors late Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1364827

So why was he even still employed as a Navy contractor?

They should have booted his skinny white ass out the door well before 1/6/2021.

56 Likes

A real charmer. No surprise he needed to look down on others to feel better about himself, like most complete scumbag washouts.

25 Likes

Check out his stache.

31 Likes

Photos of the guy replicating Hitler’s look…while on duty! He didn’t exactly hide his Nazi leanings. Someone needs to answer for why his security clearance wasn’t immediately terminated.

30 Likes

But “We love you”.

19 Likes

I feel like the vetting process was more thorough for our dog adoption than for security-related gov jobs.

54 Likes

There are numerous examples now -from this guy to Ron Johnson’s despicable statements to many others -of how overt white nationalism and neo-Nazi beliefs have been treated with a “boys will be boys” attitude in law enforcement and the military. There have been almost no consequences for them, and probably led them to believe there also would be no consequences when they stormed the citadel of our government. Among other things, this points out a crying need for diversity (gender, race, religion, etc.) at all levels of law enforcement. Very obviously, too many people in high levels currently just don’t get it.

48 Likes

I’m guessing, :crossed_fingers: that he’s single.

29 Likes

"Prosecutors said that a Navy Petty Officer remembered Hale-Cusanelli at one time allegedly saying, ‘Hitler should have finished the job’.”

Shabbat Shalom to these “very fine people”.

50 Likes

“Navy Contractor In Riot Was Known By Colleagues For Anti-Semitic And White Supremacist Views”

Subheadline: “Won ‘Most Popular & Well-Liked Colleague’ Award Five Years Running”

17 Likes

Remember Jared never really got though the process too many problems yet he was in the WH for all 4 years.

25 Likes

OT: I think it’s just a matter of time now. As a result, we’ll get Voting Reform as well as sensible gun laws, at minimum.

40 Likes

“was widely known as a white supremacist and regularly discussed his hatred of Jews while working at a New Jersey-based naval facility, according to new evidence revealed by federal prosecutors late Friday.”

Birds of a feather do flock together.

8 Likes

On a lighter note (this is NOT real, FYI):

61 Likes

A few days ago, O’Donnell was discussing the Insurrection with Laurence Tribe and the consensus was that the Insurrection participants (probably including this gentleman) probably had the option of suing Donald Trump for inciting them to commit their acts of violence.

I believe that Trump is criminally liable for a number of charges.

I also believe that Trump can be prosecuted by Civil litigation even more successfully.

34 Likes

And, hopefully, sterile.

9 Likes

Hale-Cusanelli discussed his dislike for Jews every day.

I’m not trying to make light of this, but it isn’t just the bigots – it is something I don’t understand about anyone who obsesses over what they dislike. And it’s not as though I’m some kind of spiritualist or anything with regard to approaching life. I just don’t get it. If someone was going on everyday about mayonnaise, I would be wary of working side-by-side with that person, who is just festering in negativity. But, here, the object of disgust is a group of humans, so it is extra creepy and scary.

Mine is probably a shallow view of the situation, but, really, I just don’t get it. I would say, “try focusing on the things you like,” and they’d be, like, “fuck you.” Then I’d just avoid them. So I’m no help.

34 Likes

“Deplorable” is too gentle a term. These people are scum.

29 Likes

“So what?!?”

7 Likes