National Sec Adviser: Top Impeachment Probe Witness To Be Removed From WH Council

On Sunday, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who gave a bombshell testimony in the House impeachment investigation last month on President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme, will be removed from his post at the White House National Security Council.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261306
3 Likes

“It got bloated to like 236 people.”

Which is why removing the few competent ones is going to help so much.

86 Likes

“Well look, one of the things that I’ve talked about is that we’re streamlining the National Security Council,” O’Brien replied.

“My understanding is he’s–that Colonel Vindman is detailed from the Department of Defense,” O’Brien said. “So everyone who’s detailed at the NSC, people are going to start going back to their own departments and we’ll bring in new folks.”

Um…

Once again.

42 Likes

Ah yes - “Streamlining” - “Downsizing” - so many Orwellian newspeak terms for “Retaliation”.

62 Likes

And it begins … keep an eye on Nunes’ puppy dog, who’s been pretending to be a Ukraine expert in meetings in the Oval. They began cutting out Vindman months ago.

44 Likes

Chickenshits.

14 Likes

Why should our national security be put into danger because a corrupt administration is trying to obstruct justice? Donald admitted the crime publicly. Who are they going to replace Vindman with on the Security Council? Putin or Rudy?

32 Likes

Retaliating against Vindman, on the one hand, and demanding to know who the whistleblower is with the other. Even the media can put this together?

And shame on O’Brian. This is the sort of thing a more principled person would resign over. There are no laws Trump won’t run roughshod over. In essence, Vindman was also a whistleblower, entitled to protection. But anything to protect the traitor sitting in the White House.

66 Likes

If you are an American you are not welcome in the White House.

16 Likes

So we’re only going to have unprincipled sycophants on the National Security Council? I feel safer already.

44 Likes

Rudy is my bet. Along with concerned citizens Parnas and Fruman.

4 Likes

Yeah, that struck me too: “streamlining” by reducing friction caused by any sort of ethical sense or relevant knowledge.

28 Likes

Closing the barn door after the horses got out. Somehow they think they can still cover all this mess up. As clueless as half the people in a grocery store on a crowded weekend day. (Sorry, just came back from that chaos. It’s on the brain. )

14 Likes

Retaliation

9 Likes

They want to try again, and this time they want to increase the odds of getting away with it.

7 Likes

Not if Vindman has wanted to leave since the day he got there.

11 Likes

Yes, but if Trump survives this, as he probably will, the next year is going to be very treacherous. Will there be any patriots left ala Vindman? They’re being drummed out to protect the Russian asset.

25 Likes

Well they haven’t made it up to the 90s then. They didn’t pull out the “Re-engineering” word.

5 Likes

Around trump telling the truth will cost you your job rather than gaining you respect.

“On Sunday, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who gave a bombshell testimony in the House impeachment investigation last month on President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme, will be removed from his post at the White House National Security Council.”

And nannybot known as Mr/Mrs discobot, listen to these words please (since you apparently are here to pass judgement on what we write): Nannybot, it is none of your goddamned business to pass judgement on what I choose to reference in a post . Apparently, if someone else has quoted from the article and I choose to also do the same it pisses off Mr/Mrs nannybot. And as far as I can tell no one else posted that bit from the article so nannybot has it in for me personally it seems,
Thank you, I cede the floor and I will let myself out now.

25 Likes

Vengeful fuck

And the timing of this screams it.

And the Entire World knows it

36 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available