National Sec Adviser: Top Impeachment Probe Witness To Be Removed From WH Council

In the Trump administration “streamlining” means removing competence and dissent.

Trump only wants the under-educated (like him) and “yes” men & women.

23 Likes

I hope Masha Yovanovich and Vindman are restored to their jobs and awarded the Medal of Freedom once this nightmare has finally ended.

34 Likes

As I said, telling the truth and behaving in an honorable upright manner will get you fired by this White House. They completely lack all honor.

19 Likes

"we’re streamlining the National Security Council,”

“We sensed a lack of traitors on the NSC - we’re going to fix that.”

Nice little dig at Obama for absolutely no reason too.

20 Likes

Assuming that by “nightmare” you are referring to the end of the Trump abomination.

If so, I profoundly agree with you.

6 Likes

He is a Republican, principles are not a character trait.

7 Likes

A sprinkle of retaliation and a dash of venom are among the seasonings this recipe for Corruption With a Side of Obstruction called for.

8 Likes

In fact, one could go so far as to say that for Rethuglicans, “principles” are an immediate disqualification.

4 Likes

“So everyone who’s detailed at the NSC, people are going to start going back to their own departments and we’ll bring in new folks.”

I don’t think “streamlining” means what he thinks it means.

20 Likes

In a twisted sense, one must give this administration high marks for transparency. The wages of unintended irony.

16 Likes

A sense of perspective is what is needed. We must be able to contrast Trump with everyone else.

To preserve our sanity, most of us have “normalized” Trump to the extent that we are not, yet considering ourselves as “subjects” (instead of citizens).

It is this mental process (which is needed for emotional stability) which, unfortunately, allows too many of us bury our heads in the sand. Enough of us are going to have to be able to make the emotional investment in caring enough to remove Trump.

If we do that, Trump will be gone.

10 Likes

“I never retaliated against anyone,” he said.

Now you have.

46 Likes

Everything they do is smoke and mirrors. They have nothing. We knew they would spend the week trying to gin up something and this is the best they have. Let the hearings do our talking for us. These creatures make Gollum look wise and moral. What a bunch of stupid lackeys.

18 Likes

Exactly. A lot of them may even see it personally not so much as retaliation as a relief to not have to be stuck inside the loony bin that is the White House. But the main goal is to have fewer eyes on Trump’s crimes, misdeeds, and incompetencies, and more friendly ones.

22 Likes

True. But when he does this, has it really helped him in the long run? I have no doubt he is going to go down in flames, either by impeachment, 25th or voted out. Or better, a bigger scandal. The more chaos we see, the better I feel. It is what is under the radar that I worry about and of course the damage we are incurring. I am optimistic we will get by this point of time. It is just so damn wasteful to have to rebuild things and have missed opportunity. [And I forgot the hardship and harm he has placed on so many people.]

15 Likes

I also find discobot annoying. I cringe every time it refers to a person who hasn’t commented in a while with the plural “they.” And who cares if that person hasn’t been heard from in five months?! Ugh.

But back to the topic. Trump is totally consistent. He’s such a mother fucker.

15 Likes

The line of questioning for Vindman will be even more productive, in light of this cheap stunt. In fact, I wondered why they took so long.

In my opinion, they timed this wrong. They did this right before the Hearings. Had they snuck this play some days ago, when Vindman was not as much on center stage and well before the Hearings, it would have been better for them.

As it is, it’s Monday’s News (48 hours before the Hearings)

17 Likes

Retaliation by any other bullshit is still retaliation!

6 Likes

Wasn’t one of O’Brien’s first moves to bring the parents of the Harry Dunn tonite WH for a photo op and check?

1 Like

How’s this?:
trump senior is everything my republican father and mother taught me NOT to be as a man.

Then:
Contrasting trump to, say, Bill Clinton (also impeached but not removed…which may be trump’s fate)…“Slick Willy” told one lie under oath and was impeached on two counts. In the case of trump there are in the Mueller report 10 solid cases of obstruction of justice that are iron clad covered in evidence yet it took a phone call the day after that report was submitted that contained clear evidence of extortion and quid pro quo to finally get the House off its ass and onto a course toward impeachment. This does not include the more than 13,000 lies trump has told since he was inaugurated. Or any of his malfeasance, incompetence and love of dictators at the expense of our long term and closest allies.
I started a list of things trump did that rated impeachment way back on January of 2017. By March of that year I had a list of 20 separate reasons and acts that rated impeachment. At that point I gave up keeping that list knowing our House and Senate would not act until their continued power base existence was threatened. I was in despair for my country.

17 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available