Nassau County New York GOPers Call On Santos To Resign

Nassau County Republican leaders have called on Rep. George Santos to resign on Wednesday morning for falsifying his resumé while campaigning to become the representative for New York’s 3rd Congressional District.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1445085

in an effort to resuscitate the image of the party

You can’t resuscitate a rotting corpse

46 Likes

Georgie to Nassau GOP…

14 Likes

I am convinced that there is a credible case of fraud to be made by this schmuck’s campaign donors.

62 Likes

Maybe (some of) his donors were part of the fraud.

35 Likes

I also remain convinced that he’s a Russian op.

53 Likes

The obvious conclusion is that Santos is NOT a natural-born US citizen and is either not eligible under the Constitution because he was never naturalized, or was under false pretenses and/or has not been naturalized in any case fo 7 years prior to taking office.

If you look at most of his lies, they are designed to make it seem like he’s a citizen – schools he never attended, jobs he never held, made-up family history and so forth. even now, I don’t see anyone in the media actively questioning whether he can even take the oath under the Constitution. They could render all his moots invalid, including his vote for McCarthy as speaker. That makes everything they do invalid.

That’s where I’d go with it if I were the Ds. Just demand a vacate-the-chair vote again and again UNTIL Santos either proves he’s eligible to serve or resigns.

48 Likes

Like whoever it was that floated him that $700,000 loan to his campaign, perhaps?

29 Likes

As a gay man, I’m saddened to see the nonsense around him. And, saddned by him.

What an idiot.

I mean, gurl, you can’t screw everybody over, make up easily dispoved lies, and have your sh*t broadcast INTERNATIONALLY, and expect to skate.

This guy is an unfortunate representation of aspects of gay lives, lived by insecure, unethical, immature people.

He is the toxic reality character version of Cameron from Modern Family.

Just - send him away please. Let’s have that really special Special Election, and get one more seat back.

26 Likes

And from the national repubs???

:cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket:

23 Likes

Nassau County Republican leaders have called on Rep. George Santos to resign on Wednesday morning for falsifying his resumé while campaigning to become the representative for New York’s 3rd Congressional District.

George Santos:NASA?!? I did work for NASA as a space shuttle astronaut, but that was only for a brief time and I left them years ago. So, there’s no need for me to resign.”

20 Likes

That’s certainly not inconceivable. Sooner or later we’ll find out where the $700K came from.

24 Likes

Op? Or, useful idiot?

5 Likes

McCarthy has a long track record of showing he’s not able to deal effectively with this kind of thing, and so I’m not holding my breath while waiting for him to prove he’ll do any better this time around.

22 Likes

Let’s get this seat for the Democrats.

8 Likes

I’m really stunned that there is no mechanism for removal and to redo voting if people found out they were duped by a fraud of this magnitude. This is fraud perpetrated on the voters themselves, why should they be stuck with him? This is not who they thought they were voting for, in a big way - not just a couple of embellishments.

15 Likes

Astronaut-ish.

20 Likes

Operation. As in, I believe the Russians were funding him to sow chaos and court influence. And that is not merely a guess on my part.

46 Likes

On first reading, my takeaway was, ‘thank goodness their are still some rational republicans.’ Then I remembered that this is a friggin bare minimum obvious demand. Anyone who doesn’t share this sentiment is holding a completely indefensible position. No credit for just stating the fact that this man is not an appropriate member of government.

18 Likes

OMG, how is it even possible that “Jew-ish” has slipped down to like 10th on the list of his egregious falsehoods?

32 Likes