MyPillow Guy Fears Republican Party’s Newfound Embrace Of ‘Ballot Harvesting’ Might Be Part Of A ‘Grand Scheme’

Seems like sound legal advice, of which I have been taking advantage as well.

9 Likes

Time for Lindell and the RNC to get their lies straight.

11 Likes

I think there was unweaponizing, apparently…

7 Likes

“We follow the facts, not an agenda or an assumption. The facts tell us where to go next.”

Except, of course, for those facts that we carefully decide not to look at.

9 Likes

GO MYPILLOW DUDE!

RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF YOUR ELECTORATE!

May they clutch their election day ballots and stubby pencils all across the computer free county land while on O2 from the latest superbug they refused vaxx and treatments for in every swing county! We love you!

28 Likes

I just get annoyed when a seemingly interesting story is paywalled. And if I have to cut and paste the URL into archive.is to quickly get past the annoying paywall, I may as well also share the link to the archived piece that the publisher willingly shares with the archiver.

Anyway, this WaPo story

https://archive.is/84CLT

seems like bureaucratic infighting over Garland’s decision not to directly target Fat Donnie early on, which is fair. I get that DOJ usually works its way upwards toward the mob boss, but when you’ve got the mob boss publicly declaring his desire to have his people do the crime, you probably ought to look into his culpability from the get-go.

46 Likes

Memories fade, evidence gets destroyed and stories get co-ordinated.

Trump had been publicly stoking the riot. There was enough out there to start looking at who did what in the planning.

The real tell is that Trump was calling fraud before the election was held. Everybody knew that Trump was setting up plans to resist the election

Fortunately he didn’t get enough takers for his various schemes. The law is being an ass claiming that there was no reason to suspect him of laying the ground work to overturn the election.

16 Likes

I am not your lawyer, you are not my client. This is just the internet.

12 Likes

If I’m remembering this right, Trump’s big objection to mail-in voting wasn’t actually related to fraud, it was that he wanted to take advantage of early results from the polls on election night to claim a win, before the mail-in ballots were counted. Stop the count! We won! Which was dumb to start with, since so many seniors who lean Republican vote by mail, but I think that was the idea.

I guess the RNC wised up, and now they have to reverse course. Although I suspect that mentioning “ballot harvesting” is going to get someone in trouble eventually.

30 Likes

Fair enough. @txlawyer above has a good synopsis,

12 Likes

That would be the Liberal, Woke FBI?

8 Likes

Can count me as an early adapter.

4 Likes

I like this. I really like it! It would make a great title for an interesting article. I would read it.

30 Likes

In hindsight. But keep in mind, that the idea of beginning an investigation into the former president by the DoJ of his successor was unprecedented and rife with pitfalls, both political and investigatory. In hindsight they were overcautious.

21 Likes

OT: Related

A US judge in Florida on Monday ordered defense lawyers for former president Donald Trump not to release evidence in the classified documents case with news media or the public ahead of trial, according to a court filing.

The order from US magistrate judge Bruce Reinhart granted a motion filed last week by prosecutors who had asked the court to put conditions on how the defense stores and uses the documents.

28 Likes

“the worst plan … in history,”

I think building remnants in Auschwitz and other places beg to differ…

5 Likes

However, if it were a matter of resources at the DOJ? I’m pleased that the militias were taken down first. Had that not happened-- I could foresee those factions becoming emboldened, their membership having grown exponentially, and better organized.

Cutting that off at the knees-- best it happened first.

32 Likes

Are you saying we aren’t friends? My morning has turned to mourning.

18 Likes

And let me add to this:
It is said that hindsight is 20:20. This understates the case: hindsight is the James Webb Space Telescope. We can look back now (after a lot of investigation) and recognize that the direct investigation of The Fat Guy was in order circa Jan 10, 2021.

But do recall that one of our biggest problems with The Fat Guy is his propensity to break accepted norms of political behavior. Investigating a former President is a huge leap away from the behavioral norms.

19 Likes

Can I add this little reminder that way back in the 2020 election Trump was POTUS. He threw a fit when he didn’t win. He threw up roadblocks for the transition of the Trump administration to a Biden administration.
And Garland nominated in Jan 2021, but didn’t take office until March of 2021.
With those dates in mind let’s also not forget that Trump was/is a whiny bastard. He’ll do and say anything. Trying to investigate the complexities of trying to overturn a federal election takes time. And with the election results being as close as they were, well when you go after the asshole former guy you better have all your ducks in row.

41 Likes