MyPillow Guy Fears Republican Party’s Newfound Embrace Of ‘Ballot Harvesting’ Might Be Part Of A ‘Grand Scheme’

Mike Lindell did not mince his words in a recent phone conversation with Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1460943
1 Like

Good morning!

49 Likes

FBI resisted opening probe into Trump’s role in Jan. 6 for more than a year @CarolLeonnig@byaaroncdavishttps://t.co/HTb21kPgRZ

— Washington Post Investigations (@wpinvestigates) June 19, 2023

{{{Shocker}}} :roll_eyes:

42 Likes

years of Republican-promoted conspiracy theories casting American elections — and mail-in voting in particular — as rife with fraud.

So, it dawned on them that they were discouraging their own voters? I hope they get over this madness and go back to telling their people to only vote in person on election day.

43 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So there was weaponizing of the FBI.

16 Likes

26 Likes

“key Justice officials also quashed an early plan for a task force focused on people in Trump’s orbit”

Hmm, could that be Merrick the Meek?

Garland and the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, charted a cautious course aimed at restoring public trust in the department while some prosecutors below them chafed, feeling top officials were shying away from looking at evidence of potential crimes by Trump and those close to him, The Post found.

Yes, yes it was.

7 Likes

More likely Gray and some of his lieutenants. But we’re guessing.

5 Likes

It is polite to post an archive.is link to paywalled content that the publishers want to be accessible via archive,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2023/06/19/fbi-resisted-opening-probe-into-trumps-role-jan-6-more-than-year/

https://archive.is/84CLT

29 Likes

Read the article. Link above.

2 Likes

I did:

The delays in examining that question began before Garland was even confirmed. Sherwin, senior Justice Department officials and Paul Abbate, the top deputy to FBI Director Christopher A. Wray, quashed a plan by prosecutors in the U.S. attorney’s office to directly investigate Trump associates for any links to the riot, deeming it premature, according to five individuals familiar with the decision. Instead, they insisted on a methodical approach — focusing first on rioters and going up the ladder.

The strategy was embraced by Garland, Monaco and Wray.

It appears to have been a joint decision.

15 Likes

So did I:

The strategy was embraced by Garland, Monaco and Wray. They remained committed to it even as evidence emerged of an organized, weeks-long effort by Trump and his advisers before Jan. 6 to pressure state leaders, Justice officials and Vice President Mike Pence to block the certification of Biden’s victory.

[Ed; bad copy/paste.]

4 Likes

I admire your persistence. You are determined to convince everyone to take advantage of archive.is.

Heck, because of you, I even got my daughter to start using it!

28 Likes

When I think of the energy Lindell expends and the sheer emotional roller coaster of his life and what it means to his health and his family, I am happy for his impending stroke.

Crack out, dummy. Same dude, different drug.

9 Likes

Yes, as I discovered, it was a joint decision and, it seems a rational one

8 Likes

It also appears to have been a wrong decision.

4 Likes

No, it’s a cowardly one.

2 Likes

It’s a “lets you and me fight” scenario for the Republican base/voters.
I can not for the life of me understand the kookiness of Lindell. If computer tabulation can swing the vote this way or that, then shouldn’t any computer he uses from his phone, tablet, laptop and such be suspect in the information he is looking at? Hell he better check on that thermostat STAT!

It would be interesting to know the how does this state vote vs that state vote history. I haven’t really heard that much in MO about the ways we vote. And since the Republicans have had pretty much total control for 20 years…well let’s just say the Republicans down ballot all seem fine with their wins in 2020, it’s just that one Republican who keeps having a fit about his election results.

20 Likes

In what way? What would you have done? and how would you have justified it?

7 Likes

When MyPillow Mike cries tears into his pillow, does he use a MyPillow? Because it seems like it would be hard to find solace while resting your head against a rock.

9 Likes