MyPillow CEO Spotted Bringing Notes To WH That Appear To Reference ‘Martial Law,’ Installing New CIA Director | Talking Points Memo

Even this furbrained scheme doesn’t really matter. The Insurrection Act provides for the military to assist civilian agencies in enforcing existing law. It’s not some kind of look now I have my private army and they’ll do whatever I want wheee! There is no provision for federal martial law. It ain’t a thing.

The Joint Chiefs were pretty clear on where they sit vis-a-vis extraconstitutional acts.

37 Likes

Pretty odd call for unity being proposed there.

27 Likes

Perhaps his pants were down for a bit while he was in that meeting…

ETA. or maybe Borat was filming.

11 Likes

Has tRump ever tried to sell shit on QVC? Maybe that’s next on tRump’s to-do list. His businesses are all going into the toilet after he leaves office. They’re already losing money and his loans look like they’ll dry up.

13 Likes
1 Like

The presidential pardon me!

2 Likes

I think the term “magical thinking” is somewhat overused, but this really is some cargo cult coup nonsense. If they mouth the incantations juuuuust right, poof, Dear Leader can still be presidenting on 1/21.

18 Likes

I think showing off the notes is to bolster the hopes of the easily duped rubes.

15 Likes

All those pillows will come in handy at this VERY peaceful transition.

2 Likes

Unity through unifying all aspects of government under one man’s eternal control – the unity they’ve been talking about all along!

8 Likes

At this point I (almost) have no worries that anyone in control of power levers would obey Trump (given the history of the past 4 years, I won’t remove my “almost” until after Biden’s inauguration). My comment was simply asking whether Trump himself understands that this scheme is not going to work even in an alternative reality universe.

16 Likes

Safe answer here is always “no” :laughing:

11 Likes

11 Likes

Common occurrence for Trump. Bolton’s invasion notes, Trump’s NO COLLUSION with Putin, his self-reminder to “show empathy” for school-shooting victims and the one that started it all, two weeks after he was elected, with Kris Kobach and DHS plans.

19 Likes

Nothing’s certain, obviously. But I think even with Trump being Trump, he dimly apprehends that he’s fucked up again. He’s very familiar with catastrophic failure. He’s clung desperately to ever crazier schemes to escape the inevitable, but my guess is he’s gone limp at this point, like a drowning victim. He always does take the path of least resistance in the end, and that’s where we are with this deadly farce. It’s been explained to him the requisite two dozen times or so that this kind of crazy bullshit isn’t going to work, and that he has to go. So he will, snarling and making pathetic excuses the whole way. It’s over. I think. :grin:

31 Likes

This guy does more off-gassing than the pillows he sells.

9 Likes

Pillow talk.

8 Likes

In what way, shape, or form is this guy even relevant?

6 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.40.56 AM

Well, what’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. tRump’s own executive order will add to his supporters’ charges. They can thank him later.

28 Likes

Understandingly, it’s really difficult for Trump to ignore such astute advice from such a knowledgeable and experienced person like Lindell.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available