Mueller On Stone’s Commutation | Talking Points Memo

Former special counsel Robert Mueller issued a rare public rebuke in a Washington Post op-ed a day after President Trump moved to commute Roger Stone’s prison sentence.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1320068

Unfortunately, I think John Bolton’s book has more impact now then what Robert Mueller has to say.

And Bolton’s book is pretty insignificant at this point.

35 Likes

Don’t disagree at all with Mr. Mueller, just his timing.

43 Likes

He’d never make it in Vaudeville.

30 Likes

Wish we could give trump the hook right now.

6 Likes

Hey everybody! It’s good ol’ Bob … did someone awaken you, tough guy?

6 Likes

He could have been an Organ Grinder, but LowBarr prevented that, redacting everything.

5 Likes

“And may I add in closing that these grapes are indeed quite acerbic in nature.”

12 Likes

THESE are the types of comments that should have been made when Barr commandeered Muellars report…the DOJ is now a complete shit show with zero credibility and a stain on the people who have spent a career standing up for the rule of law. Thanks again donnie!

42 Likes

Yup. The news media has moved on to really serious, important stuff, like Trump going potty wearing a mask for the first time, the Harpers Letter and Kanye’s presidential run.

33 Likes

Do we know Kanye’s position on maskitude?

5 Likes

And in related news, Baby Bush just admitted that maybe it wasn’t so Mission Accomplished after all.

5 Likes

I have a different take on this. I believe that Mueller’s remarks are quite significant.

20 Likes

Too bad Mueller’s credibility in tatters. He could’ve stopped this two years ago, but was too timid. Not a shred of courage or strength. Just nothing.

He can go back in his box now, thank you. Lovely parting gifts and all that rot.

@emiliano4, except that they are too late in the stream of things.

14 Likes

You’re right. That’s different.

7 Likes

I realize there is a culture of professional courtesy and deference among lawyers, but I wish Mueller would similarly directly address what Barr did to sabotage the investigation and the Mueller Report. Trump aside, many Americans don’t even realize what Mueller dug up about the GRU, and it is because of Barr. There was clearly some anger revealed during the hearings, but the obstruction Mueller uncovered is continuing in plain sight at DOJ, and few would have more insight and credibility to speak about it. Mueller’s disappearance might have partly to do with health, but he left too early.

41 Likes

What’d’ya wanna bet he’s already drafting a book on all that for release in 2022?

2 Likes

I disagree. I think he should have contested that unconstitutional DoJ rule, and dared them to fire him. At this level, justice is as much if not more so political than legal and he knew that.

9 Likes

It’s a little like how Kerry refused to respond to the Swiftboating smears, that made him look weak and indecisive–which he was. Taking the high road sounds great to those who have no stake in the outcome, but in reality it’s a losing strategy. To beat street fighters you have to become one.

20 Likes

What folks here often don’t take into account is that Mueller is still held in high regard my many “old school” Republicans of the Lincoln project type and not a few centrist and slightly left of center Democrats. These people still have a lot of political power and Mueller’s words matter to them.

I personally think he’s a disappointment and an underachiever, but I have no power other than my vote.

41 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available