MSNBC Host Calls Out Marco Rubio On Media-Bashing Tweet

People were told that Clinton was terrible, her name and reputation were smeared, an 11-hour hearing was staged just to harm her. On top of that turnout was low for among other reasons we were told she had it in the bag. I’m realistic to know his side will do what they can to win and skew the vote and like with foreign interference. But to accept that they will and that he will be reelected accordingly, that I cannot do.

2 Likes

Senator Rubio does a better job telling dick jokes at campaign rallies to impress his daughters and sweating with a bottle of water than he does tweeting.

That says “I really don’t care–do u?”

2 Likes

I never said he would be reelected, just that it’s possible, but only if he cheats way more than he did in 2016. And that’s precisely what’s so scary, that being president gives him vastly more ways to cheat, legally, quasi-legally and not at all legally. He’s obviously going to use the pandemic to help him win, in all sorts of ways. He’s clearly going be all over Biden for supposedly being weak, stupid, senile, erratic–even a molester. Trump has no shame there. And many will buy it, because they’re stupid or think this is a game and they’d rather side with the bully than his victim.

He will use the full force of the federal government to win. He will use his GOP allies at the state and local level. He will use his overseas allies. He will use shadowy ratfucker outfits, hackers, slime-slingers, the RWNM, churches, celebrities for hire, PR firms, etc. He’s going to run the table, and that is how he will win, IF he wins. Frankly, I’m worried about Biden being his opponent, because as likeable as he might be, he’s not a fighter and to be honest I don’t think he’s that bright.

If Trump loses, it’ll be because he’ll be so unpopular by November that no amount of cheating can help him, and it would be too obvious that he cheated if he did win. In a fair contest, I’d say he has a 10-15% chance of winning. In the contest that will actually take place, I’d put it at more like 30-40% and you or I refusing to believe that he could win doesn’t change that in the slightest.

1 Like

Do the Barbie accessories include a tumbril?

1 Like

But the rubes eat it up.
“Falsehood flies and the truth comes limping after it. . .”

• Jonathan Swift

Get the lie(s) out first and let them play catch up. Would be nice if the media types would ask a follow-up once in a while or challenge a lie when it’s uttered.

3M Canada is about as independent as Don Jr. It’s a branch plant/distribution outfit.

They learn from trump who just today said he wasn’t in favor of mail-in ballots because the only people who wanted them were people who were going to cheat, then he repeated that they were all cheaters and everyone should vote in person and show ID. I don’t think he realizes how many of his followers may be dead by November because they still think 19 is a hoax.

1 Like

Here’s to parties we tossed
To the games that we lost
We shall claim that we won them someday

1 Like

I think calling someone a name, or accusing them of doing something wrong sets up a negative tone that usually doesn’t progress past “IknowyouarebutwhatamI” and they can turn it back around to say you’re being political. I’ve seen some interviewers, congresspeople, debaters, etc. use a very clever approach which reveals an undeniable truth that is at obvious odds with what the f@#$ing liar has just said. It is more of a reveal than an attack. (Like…“Hmmm… I have this document here dated…:”) I must admit that watching the liar squirm does bring me a sense of satisfaction.

Exactly. Stating the truth is not glee and delight. I haven’t seen one credible newsperson acting that way. There’s probably some clueless blogger somewhere acting like that but Rubio didn’t reference a clueless blogger, he accused journalists.

Is this an actual tweet? I can’t tell anymore.

No, actually it means “little rube”…

2 Likes

I love the mask, too cute. Maybe you could help me figure out how to get one around my toucan bill.

1 Like

Some evidence that Brazilian number are bullshit…

An aerial view of Vila Formosa cemetery in Sao Paulo, 15 hrs ago…

Check your messages.

Great to have you back, my friend.

2 Likes

Cold War joke: A man was arrested for running the streets of Moscow while shouting “Brezhnev is an idiot!” The charge was revealing state secrets.

5 Likes

Call me a dreamer or a cockeyed optimist, but barring egregious irregularities and fewer people voting because of illness and no access to mail in ballots, it seems to me public opinion among those who pay attention is running against him. Everyday he does something offensive or traitorous or commits a corrupt act.

Biden, on the other hand, even though he’s not perceived as a fighter or bright, is a return to decency and normalcy and the support of a critical voting bloc, African Americans; with the right black woman as his Veep (versus the same old fundie as the Veep nominee), we could be looking at something very unpredictable by normal standards.

PP can certainly try to use the pandemic to win, but the arguments countering whatever he says are coming out right now and won’t stop. “no responsibility”, “it’ll be gone by April”, “wear a mask, don’t wear a mask.” As usual, concerned voters will listen up.

Just to write the word “reelection” gives me the creeps, so I’ll stick with an alternative world of a win for Democrats.

1 Like

The only way I see him winning is by massively and successfully rigging the system. Otherwise, it ain’t happening. But, if anyone can do it, he can, because he’s president and because he’s an unprincipled shitbag. So, don’t obsess over it, but it could happen. But, even if it does, reality has a way of having its way in the end, often mercilessly. Witness Nixon, Reagan and Bush II’s second terms.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available