Morning Memo: Voting Rights Finally Gets Its Day In The Senate | Talking Points Memo

Was just thinking of the history of the United Nations when Khrushchev allegedly banged his shoe on the desk when someone was saying something he didn’t like during General Assembly.

I think we can envision Manchin doing much the same.

Nikita Khrushchev allegedly brandishes his shoe at the United Nations - HISTORY

1 Like

Curioser and curioser . . .

Trump had asked advisers and lawyers in early 2019 about what the FCC, the courts systems, and—most confusingly to some Trump lieutenants—the Department of Justice could do to probe or mitigate SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, and other late-night comedy hosts.https://t.co/ZWRMM8axJW

— Julia Davis (@JuliaDavisNews) June 22, 2021
4 Likes

Notably, Trump wanted the government to see to it Jimmy Fallon was provided for, give him anything he wants.

OT: There hasn’t been much news from the farm lately, but all the babies from this season’s kidding have gone home except for Gus. Gus is staying on the farm as a breeding buck. This morning, he moved from the barn into his own bachelor pad, but until he gets used to his new digs, he has his buddy Roman (born last kidding season). They’re enjoying their first day together. Gus is on the left; Roman on the right:

2 Likes

withdrawn

Animal time!

4 Likes

Yeah. I hear Jeff Bezos faces that problem every day. That’s why Dotard T rumpp became a politician. :rofl:
:confounded:

ha ha–how many (maybe we can get a volume discount!)?

1 Like

Something like 80% of companies fail within the first five years.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it a AZ legislator that wanted quality voters and not quantity of voters?
So what is the next step in how we vote will they go after next? This is the Gordian knot that we are trying to unravel instead of going for the cut. SCOTUS wants Congress to act. Congress would like to act but partisanship is very strong. And Sinema and Manchin seems to have lost the unwritten rule about if you go against one’s party then you have taken on responsibility of the ire of one’s party’s voters across the country. And even if Sinema and Machin’s own voter aren’t hounding them for answers then the rest of us will have to.

3 Likes

While nice I still have a warm spot in my heart for this:

6 Likes

On the plus side I see the Morning Memo as a great opportunity for an open thread.
We’ve gone from Kim Jong Un to Scott Walker already and we’re really free to go OT although we’re already good at that.
The Hive belongs to the peeps, not Josh.
Let’s forget about Josh and act like we own this space because we do.

4 Likes

In times past, this kind of behavior would lead to the other Dems boycotting any and every piece of legislation that could in any way benefit AZ to insure they cannot run again.

Yeah, I’m not worried about going off topic - I’ve probably done more damage than the average commenter with that stuff.

I think some of us, however, would like to see TPM revert a little more back to their reporting on stories - not writing diatribes. There should be more of a mix.

2 Likes

Power to the peeps!

3 Likes

withdrawn

One of the funniest one word comments I’ve ever read.

1 Like

Agoraphobic

1 Like

Moist

4 Likes

Which then puts us on the backfoot in AZ. Ugh!

1 Like

There has to be someone better than Sinema for Dems to run.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available