Moreno Was Gifted A Race Without Abortion Front And Center — Until He Chose To Change That

Originally published at: Moreno Was Gifted A Race Without Abortion Front And Center — Until He Chose To Change That - TPM – Talking Points Memo

It was a gamble when abortion rights groups in Ohio pushed to get an initiative protecting the procedure on the ballot in 2023, rather than waiting for the high-octane 2024 presidential cycle.  But the organizers were calculated in the timing: “All the resources would be focused on Ohio in 2023, since it’s the only show…

1 Like

50 year old women don’t get pregnant? We’ll have to change all the books.

edit: there is so much wrong with poop-slice’s statement here that I just chose one thing to make a point of. I thought of my grandmother who “accidentally” got pregnant with my uncle at 52. His words. My grandmother’s first birth of 7 was my mother at 15. I have a daughter, my only child, named after my grandmother. This is no small matter to me.

20 Likes

The stupid son-of-a-bitch is punching himself repeatedly in the face. Or the balls.

21 Likes

Because hed never condesend to have sex with an older woman, he assumes its entirely unnecessary for the rest of society.

And apparently 50 year old women want their children and grand children to have fewer rights than they did growing up.

What a dumb ass.

22 Likes

Or don’t have any female family members with reproductive health issues, current or future.

17 Likes

Open mouth, insert foot. Open hole, insert shovel. Open sphincter, insert head.

16 Likes

Dear Bernie,
Please define think and thinking.

8 Likes

He cannot tell the difference…

1 Like

I say, give that man a microphone and more rope!

15 Likes

From the what-we’re-reading section, news piece, Springfield Haitian nonprofit files citizen’s criminal charges against Vance and Trump:

Worth reading, but I want to know whether this ability of citizens to file for criminal charges themselves is specific to Ohio or certain states. It could lead to some interesting developments elsewhere. Anyone know?

11 Likes

Read an article but same as you, waiting on new info.

3 Likes

For GOP, it’s much simpler. Just “Reveal self.”

2 Likes

Or even just don’t care about their fellow women, regardless of what their own personal situation might be. He doesn’t sound like he knows any actual women at all. The all-is-pure-self-interest approach of his comment suggests that that’s how he believes life works. Hoping they’ll experience FAFO in November.

10 Likes

Waiting for the “Ohio is in play” stories.

4 Likes

When he retires, he will assume his wife, if he has one, will cook all his meals, do his laundry, clean the house, do all the food shopping, etc.

Reminds me of a member of Congress whose wife had gone to the Women’s March in 2017, he wanted to make sure she would be home in time to make dinner. He could do what my husband does - make a peanut butter sandwich!

6 Likes

I learned a new word recently.

Backpfeifengesicht

I think it’s appropriate.

12 Likes

“Bernie Moreno thinks it’s ‘crazy’ that women want to make their own healthcare decisions,” read a post on Brown’s Twitter page, one of many similar flashing neon arrows to Moreno’s gaffe Brown’s team has posted in the past 24 hours.

Classic Washingtonian definition of “gaffe”: accidentally saying out loud what you really think.

16 Likes

From the law firm filing the charges:

https://www.chandralaw.com/blog/criminal-charges-filed-against-trump-and-vance-for-springfield-ohio-conduct-arrests-sought

8 Likes

I’m so grateful to these cretins for showing us how they really think. Makes it easier for those people who truly are on the fence.

7 Likes

While stepping on a rake…

5 Likes