Missouri GOP Governor Hid Data Showing Masks Mandates Work

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things.

Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services conducted a study that showed that areas of the state with mask mandates had lower rates of COVID-19 infection and death than those without–but Gov. Mike Parson (R) never released the department’s findings to the public.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1396881
1 Like

It’s still hard to believe people vote for these fuckers.

60 Likes

Experts on authoritarian regimes have said that one of their main objectives is to destroy the notion of ‘objective truth’. Everything must be political and filtered through the lens of the state. Any fact that does not advance the interests of the state is not only useless, but actually dangerous.

66 Likes

What do you do when just enough people support this sort of garbage?

13 Likes

And how many fatalities in his state were/are a direct consequence of this Republican playing with peoples lives for personal power? How cheap is a life for Republicans in Missouri?

Isn’t the unofficial sate motto for Missouri “The Show Me” state? I guess he didn’t get the memo.

20 Likes

I would expect this strategy was used by other GQP governors. For some reason, Iowa just recently decided not to record county of positive cases. Kovid KKKim Reynolds of Iowa, I’m looking at you!

11 Likes

This is crazy

38 Likes

The Senate on Thursday evening passedthe stopgap spending bill to keep the government funded through mid-February

I bet it’s fun to be a federal employee sometimes.

13 Likes

Very cheap as long as it’s someone else’s life. When the fat cats get the 'Rona, it’s ICU and the latest cocktail cure for them. Everyone else can eat ivermectin and die. There is a lot of misery in Missouri.

32 Likes

Geez actively suppressing information that is vital to the health and well-being of the general public … how ? How does a person with a conscience do this?

…oh… never-ending…

17 Likes

My cousin from Joplin used to say he’d rather live in Misery than a Kan’s-ass.

7 Likes

DeSatan did the same here in Fla

20 Likes

“She’s completely incorrect in everything she says.”
 - Dr. Fauci on Lara Logan, 2021

So is every Republican.

33 Likes

WTF

More than 60 schools in Michigan will shut Friday after a deluge of sick copycat threats have followed this week’s deadly Oxford High School shooting. Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said Thursday that at least 100 threats or suspicious social-media posts have been recorded since the Tuesday shooting that left four students dead. “We anticipated a flood of false threats. I don’t know what is in people’s minds to think after a real tragedy it makes sense to make threats,” Bouchard said. “One, they think it’s funny. It is not. Two, they think it’s a way to get out school. It is not. It is a crime, even if it’s not a credible threat against the school.” Meanwhile, the leader of Oxford Community Schools, Tim Throne, said the suspect in the shooting, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, had never been disciplined at the school before the shooting Tuesday. “No discipline was warranted,” he said. “There are no discipline records at the high school.”

30 Likes

It’s a MIRACLE!!!

… and if you want to be a charter member of the miraculous “Wall of Astonishment” club and have your name inscribed on a plaque
… send $1,000 to Joel in unmarked nonsequential tens and twenties…

23 Likes

Unlike conservatives or in this case moronic Republicans, I don’t turn to politicians to get my common sense answers to most problems, I go to experts in science. Face it, it just is not in the wheelhouse of politicians plus they generally have an agenda.

13 Likes
40 Likes

This is the exact problem in red states: there is a perverse incentive for their politicians who know better, to ignore the evidence, the science, and instead, to mouthe some religious pseudobabble to win re-election. Instead of blaming progressives for their issues, conservatives should stand up and take responsibility for their own lives by voting like their lives matter.

Watch and see how their are no political consequences for this malevolent behavior.

18 Likes

If this happened in a third world country, we would be demanding that The Hague prosecute as a crime against humanity.

37 Likes

Destroying the village to save it.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available