Minaj Cousin Friend Testicle Saga Continues And Everything Gets Significantly More Stupid | Talking Points Memo

A number of the expected attendees are connected to the same groups that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6.

I particularly liked this sentence in the article. :smile:

If’n you wanna know who’s supporting those groups (and/or you’re uncertain about their allegiance) this is a chance to photo them, prepare a request for cell phone and credit card records for the period around Jan 6, and issue a warrant to start tracking 'em.

Dunno about you, but I say, hey, the more the merrier! Hope they show up in droves. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

20 Likes

OT: Google Fiber is installing in my neighborhood this week. And we are situated on a four way intersection so a lot of activity out on the street for us. Lots of interesting sounds from their trenchers and horizontal borers. It is driving our cats nuts. Well actually just our little girl cat. She is either diving for cover or racing to the windows. When they use one particular piece of equipment, she comes flying out of her hiding place to the front window and just growls at them. Sort of cute actually that she is challenging them. Take that Big Tech!

8 Likes

13 Likes

Truly. There is a vas deferens between this story and an actual news item.

11 Likes

Viva la deferens!

2 Likes

Reminds me of the winter holidays, we usually buy a bushel of these.

Are you saying this article is a scrotal waste of time?

8 Likes

I injured my hip right after I got the vaccine, so I injured my hip because I got the vaccine. On March 4. See how simple it is to make that connection? Even I can do it!
(There actually is a slight relationship. I came home from getting the vaccine so happy that when I hopped on my bike (raised on a wind trainer) I just flipped my leg up and over instead of my usual careful poke.)
Sometimes I think we all need t-shirts that say:

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION

11 Likes

i give up…whatever made me think TPM was a classy site? i do not need this trash… i suppose next TPM will be publishing kanye wests whatevers…i clicked on this to see what TPMs excuse was for this stuff…sad that this is what their staff is interested in,oh well, its back to the real world.

3 Likes

I was forced to take an intro statistics course in business school, and it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Even a rudimentary acquaintance with statistics opens your eyes to the ridiculousness of many claims and arguments. People routinely worry about things that have about the same probability as their winning the Powerball lottery.

11 Likes

And as always with the GQP: projection. They fear democracy is under attack as they proceed to attack it. As long as we have them with us, we will continue to live in a Möbius strip of stupid and evil.

7 Likes

Yes, it reminds me of a book i read as a young man ‘Trails In The Sand’ by Won Hung Lo…

3 Likes

JD Vance is a shameless sack who can go fuck himself.

3 Likes

actuall, that is an excellent idea…the red states chose this for themselves…humour them…let them eat that cake.

3 Likes

@pluckyinky said it earlier up-thread, their stupidity is stunning. Their pride in maintaining their ignorance means more to them than their life. They proclaim their love and devotion to this country by deliberately threatening the lives of everyone in it. They say they’d take a bullet for their country, but they won’t even take a goddamned shot in the arm that would actually save thousands and thousands of American lives.

18 Likes

Yeah, and it prevents the rest of us who ARE vaccinated from getting health care.

6 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

“CJ, on your tombstone, they’re gonna put ‘post hoc, ergo propter hoc’.”

4 Likes

“Powerball”
“The lottery is an unfair tax on the mathematically challenged”
Roger Clawson
Opinion Editor
Billings Gazette

5 Likes