Michigan AG Gives Trump An Ultimatum

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel is giving President Trump an ultimatum after issuing an open letter urging him to wear a face mask during his scheduled visit to a Ford plant outside of Detroit Thursday afternoon.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1310200

They should turn him away.

It’s high time somebody says, “Sorry, asshole, you don’t have a right to contaminate this facility.”

42 Likes

Spanky being challenged by a woman! Frothing rage is on the way.

35 Likes

And in his case, we mean something that masks that gargantuan frame of his entirely. We’re talking full body suit and maybe some judiciously positioned Duct Tape.

10 Likes

Being a scofflaw is his way of asserting power. He’ll refuse to wear one out of spite. This is on the Ford Corp. If Ford lets him eschew a mask, fine them!

Pretend Ford is a hooker and Trump is a john. Or is it the other way round?

30 Likes

Dumpster: I am president. I am above the law! (Nasty women of Michigan.)

10 Likes

He just won’t care

5 Likes

Here’s a chance for individuals to take action against companies that let Trump visit indoors without a mask. For example, I’m in the market to buy a new car. If Ford allows Trump into their factory without a mask, Ford will be off of my list of cars to buy.

7 Likes

Pence says it’s a game time decision because we have no higher priority than protecting Dipshit’s health. Hey, Skip, the mask is to protect others. Pay attention. Lying is more credible then.

12 Likes

Putting the onus on the host isn’t entirely fair but it’s effective. What’s the union’s position? That would be interesting to know. Nasty tweets of disappointment are not the worst kind of trouble you can have.

24 Likes

Three Michigan women, governor, secretary of state and now AG. So much predictable hating, insulting, misogyny expected in rage tweets.

32 Likes

And while we’re all aghast at trump’s continuing carnival barker sh!t show, Moscow Mitch continues to pack the Federal bench with trump lawyers and the EPA trashes our environment.

Yes, yes, trump, trump…

But dammit, get out the vote and be SURE everybody you know is registered and VOTE BLUE!

And be SURE your state is capable of mail-in balloting. trump will stop at NOTHING to stay in power and the US Senate will ride along over the cliff.

10 Likes

He’s going to have a lot of trouble with those women from Michigan. I’m starting to be proud of this place.

23 Likes

You know what would be great? If the Governor/AG said, "Michigan is going to invoke the 2nd Amendment, dear to us as it is, and call out our “well-regulated militia,” i.e. the State National Guard, to barricade this Ford plant in order to keep it’s workers safe. NONE SHALL PASS WITHOUT A MASK!

15 Likes

Just like the flag suggestion, this is another case where he’s boxed in. He can’t wear a mask and makeup too. Checkmate.

28 Likes

Maybe he could just adorn his head in Saran Wrap?

10 Likes

Women telling him what to do. The narcissistic sucking chest wound.

Gurgle for me, Trump, gurgle.

20 Likes

Somehow I see Sally Fields as Norma Rae in the front row blocking that gate into the Ford plant in your scenario. :wink:

9 Likes

It would be very interesting to ask the union to weigh in. I personally believe that a majority (maybe considerable) are Trump voters. But would the union actually say, “nah, he doesn’t need to wear a mask.” They can’t. The moment they say that, they are undercutting the safety of the workers and setting a very troubling precedent. Someone needs to go to the union president with a microphone in hand immediately.

13 Likes

Wow, I didn’t realize that Michigan had so many executive women at the helm of state agencies. Yay Michigan.

That said, watch for fireworks when the Toddler in Chief refuses to comply and Michigan pushes back. I am rooting for Michigan!!!

19 Likes