Michigan AG Candidate’s Ties To A ‘Conspiracy’ To Breach Voting Machines

Michigan Republicans’ pick for attorney general, Matthew DePerno, is one of the most prominent politicians involved in pushing the “Big Lie” questioning the 2020 election results. But revelations in recent weeks have brought new details to light about just how involved DePerno may have personally been in efforts to provide grist for the conspiracy theory mill. Here’s what we know. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429029
2 Likes

TPM at 7 AM? World’s gone crazy!

12 Likes

“I have nothing to do with any hotel rooms or any Airbnbs.”

??? thanks for that tip …but we will give that a look-see … you have a specific address & unit that you especially don’t want any one to check out?

14 Likes

I know. Everybody here is still asleep.

3 Likes

have brought new details to light about just how involved DePerno may have personally been in efforts to provide grist for the conspiracy theory mill.

Damn! Read that as ‘girls’!

5 Likes

This entire “movement” needs to be strangled in the cradle. There was no meaningful “voter fraud” in 2022, this entire exercise is due to a certain Defeated Former President’s inability to accept his loss. He has poisoned the minds of his followers with this nonsense, and now many are trying to corrupt the electoral process in their states. Lock them all up!

21 Likes

Might be good to indict and try him before he becomes Attorney General.
(see Texas)

12 Likes

Sweden found itself in an international incident after the arrest of A$AP Rocky, eventually caving to pressure to release him from Kanye and Donald Trump.

Waiting for the Trump And Kanye response to this news.

3 Likes

Clearly an airtight defence. Astute, as one would expect from people who think sheriffs outrank the state and federal government. Eminently qualified to be AG of Michigan.

It is early.

14 Likes

This is why you need to go after these people aggressively, especially in these swing states with statewide offices on the ballot.

Every state with an elector fraud scheme should have been tying up every R within sniffing distance with subpoenas, investigations, charges, and a high degree of publicity. J6C could do a lot in that regard. What better battlegrounds than PA, MI, GA, AZ, WI, NM, NV to have their whole upper tier of R names being smeared and picked apart…with the narrative being firmly rewritten that Ds didn’t do a single thing wrong but your entire R party was attempting to hack and ratfuck and overturn every ballot in the state including Republican votes? As far as I know only MI and GA are making noise about this. WI has a D gov and and D AG and there has been silence.

14 Likes

Here in PA, our current AG, Josh Shapiro, is running for governor. Against Doug Mastriano. I’ve seen little to no evidence of state level, criminal investigations into Mastriano’s involvement or that of other state republicans.
Shapiro and Dem-backed PACs do have political ads that just hammer Mastriano for his involvement - but I don’t see the state pursuing criminal charges. I suspect that he is on the DOJ’s list, though.

7 Likes

This guy looks like he stepped out of a 1968 Sears Roebuck catalog.
Are we in some sort of time warp?

3 Likes

Sidney Powell apparently actively supported these efforts. The Trumpers really want to breach voting machines and alter data, which I think is drawn from the somewhat urban legend of Diebold in 2004 changing votes from Kerry to Trump in OH (In reality, I think the anti gay marriage ballot measure drove up rural turnout and that clipped Kerry in the end).

11 Likes

News coming so thick and fast it throws the crew into a reporting frenzy. But TPM is unionized, so not (one hopes) a sweatshop.

4 Likes

Grab some coffee right quick.

2 Likes

Can this loon win?

3 Likes

with assistance, yes

3 Likes

Thug

1 Like

Well, all this, and the fact that Matt has the charisma of wet toast.

Remember back when the fake-electors scandal first hit? At first, it looked like some states had independently tried to substitute fake-electors for certified ones. Then Rachel Maddow noticed that the “certificates” which were signed by GOPers, all looked very similar. Same fonts, layouts, etc.

Later, we find that it was a scheme planned and coordinated by the Trump campaign, and involved hundreds of people, not least of these John Eastman and Peter Navarro.

Then we found out Trump held meetings about this scheme, and even enlisted the RNC into the plan.

Is it then, too much of a stretch to imagine that the plan to break into voting machines wasn’t exactly as coordinated and run by the Trump campaign?

Or am I just being paranoid?

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available