Michael Cohen Expected To Take Stand In Donald Trump’s New York Criminal Trial - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Merchan is allowing pre-trial pictures to be taken after having stopped the practice last week.

19 Likes

Heh. So we can use them as a decoder ring for the court-room sketches.

9 Likes

Just sharpening his claws to make sure Donnie doesn’t survive this trial.

16 Likes

I’m good with that (Puppy sharpening his claws).

6 Likes

He had permission to finish the blow job.

3 Likes

Cohen is a liar and a scumbag. Everyone knows that but it really plays no role in what he’s in Court for. There’s NOTHING new he can add. What he did is established in documents and tape recordings. All he can do here is present it in his words. He’s an attorney and probably 2 steps ahead of the defense before he takes a seat. They can paint him a past liar easy enough but probably not convince a jury he’s lying today.

8 Likes

It’s Michael Cohen Day!
He takes the stand today!
Trump’s farts go all the way!
On Michael Cohen Day!

6 Likes

That could be to refute the Dotard’s inevitable claims of “thousands of supporters with tears in their eyes” flooding the courtroom, when in reality, it’s only a dozen who have just gotten out of bed.

14 Likes

Curious if Truth Social implodes or not during Cohen’s testimony.

13 Likes

Oh boy! Today’s Special Guest Stars in the courtroom are J. Dickhead Vance and Coach Tommy Tuberville!

17 Likes

IOW, chump supporter.

5 Likes

Did Coach bring his white board? Got to use visuals with Donnie.

5 Likes

Cohen falsified his own business records, submitting invoices to Trump Org for “Legal Services”. That’s not what Trump’s charged with, though. Trump Org expensed those payments to Cohen as “Legal Services”, although they were fully aware that:

1. They asked Cohen to make up the fake bills, including the amounts.
  2. They knew that the bill was for $130,000 in hush money to Daniels, plus $130,000 to Cohen to cover the taxes he would have to pay the IRS, the State of New York, and the City of New York, plus a lagniappe to Cohen for services rendered.
  3. We know all this because it is documented on Trump Org stationery in Alan Weisselberg’s handwriting.

The gratuity to Cohen is the only thing in that list that (arguably) constitutes “Legal Services”. If I understand how things in this case should have worked, Cohen should have billed the $130,000 to Daniels as settlement expenses or contract compensation. In that case, it’s not taxable income to Cohen, and there is no need to make him whole by paying the income taxes due.

Of course, if it were done correctly there’s also a big ledger entry showing a hush-money payment to Daniels and that blows up the whole reason for buying her silence if it became public knowledge.

22 Likes

I hate reporting like this. From CNN

Trump’s motorcade headed to Manhattan court ahead of Michael Cohen’s expected testimony

Donald Trump’s motorcade has arrived at the courthouse where the former president is expected to listen to witness testimony from his former lawyer, Michael Cohen.

What is the point beyond puffing up the idiot’s image. Ooh look, he has a motorcade! We have to breathlessly report his moments as if we are all in a pause until he arrives.

31 Likes

The jurors have entered, and the DA has done what we all expected: called Michael Cohen to the stand.

Here we go.

7 Likes

He don’t look happy.

20 Likes

Trump Glower

16 Likes

They can make up for it my reporting on his motorcade taking him to prison.

23 Likes

I expect the defense will run with that line too, and try to convince the court that the campaign finance violations were for some other random campaign Cohen was freelancing for. Nothing to see here!

6 Likes

Unfortunately she beat Max Rose. She’s also an election denier since she refused to certify one of the slates of electors. Which burns me since she’s always talks about the lack of democracy in authoritarian regimes south of the border.

15 Likes