MI GOP Moves To Replace Canvassing Board Member Who Certified Results For Biden | Talking Points Memo

As many keep saying, this bullshit is not going to end with Trump. The GOP can see a long term path to ‘final solution’ of the democracy problem. The right-wing of the party will scream ‘fraud’ from now on in every election a Dem wins and have shown they are willing to override the voters if given the chance.

They see their chance and are going to place party loyalist to fight against democracy as their representatives in the election process all while they scream for ‘unity’ from the Dems.

4 Likes

I know I’m repeating myself but thank God 45 and his kind are so grossly incompetent.

If Hawley or Cruz was trying to turn the US into an authoritarian state for the last 4 years we’d all be wearing armbands by now.

3 Likes

No we’d just be resisting harder if they were fascisting smarter.

15 Likes

50% OFF!!!

9 Likes

Filed under: WHEN GERRYMANDERING IS NOT ENOUGH.

5 Likes

They made that play already. Look how it worked out for them. The GOP is one flush away from complete irrelevance. It will take a long time for them to claw their way out of the cesspool they have made for themselves.

6 Likes

Yeah, y’all were doing great until that happened. It’s like y’all did a bunch of meth one night in 2010, wrecked your car, lost your job, and married a psycho. Well, in 2018, you got your license back, found an even better job, and met the woman of your dreams. Things have been going great and now your awful ex is going to jail. Just stay away from the meth and you’ll be fine. I’m from KY, and I’ve seen how bad meth can fuck up a life. Look at what we keep doing. Sigh.

21 Likes

“I’ll have a caramel soy decaf latte and a vax to go and renew my subscription to Office 365.”

Message from MPH daughter in Seattle area:

Washington is forming a public private partnerships with Microsoft, Starbucks, and Kaiser Permanente to distribute and administer vaccine.

18 Likes

Our salvation resides with the Mr. Van Langeveldes of the world.

10 Likes

Sure they do: Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer.

14 Likes

We need it!

3 Likes

Looks like the Republicans are getting ready to claim “fraud” in the mid-terms.

3 Likes

It expertly depicted how fragile this thing called democracy was.

3 Likes

So the governor gets to choose between a Trumper, a DeVoser, or a Snyder Republican. What happens if she declines all three picks, as she rightly should? An impeached, sorry, twice impeached insurrectionist incompetent unfit traitor supporter, a indicted for what should be at least involuntary manslaughter governor supporter, or a cultist tool of the DeVos Family Cult?

Those are some choices for the Governor. I don’t think she should accept those choices, as not coming from a major party. That law doesn’t really specify what happens if she doesn’t so, don’t.

4 Likes

Just to be clear: Laura Cox is the reason why the English language has the term “dead ender.”

3 Likes

What happens if she shan’t?

2 Likes

Yeah I rather think they have fucked that up for a long long time. Nobody is going to listen to them now.

1 Like

How soon can we re-raise the bar above just the bare minimum / did his gosh darned job?

2 Likes

Didn’t she play Amy Coathangar Barrett?

2 Likes

Longer Dan Rather: “Here’s the thing you have to understand about the Trump Administration. I like the Trump Administration more than most of my other colleagues like the Trump Administration. And I hate the Trump Administration.”

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available