MI GOP County Officials Now Seeking To ‘Rescind’ Their Votes To Certify Election

The Republican officials on Michigan’s Wayne County Board of Canvassers are trying to backpedal on certifying the county’s election results, which includes votes from the majority Black city of Detroit.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1345525
1 Like

No backsies.

83 Likes

Situational ethics at their lowest. Sniveling, spineless cowards.

71 Likes

No take backs.

37 Likes

The USA is the laughingstock of all the banana republics and dictatorships throughout the world.

79 Likes

Incredible corruption, fecklessness and evil.

61 Likes

As I understand it, the MI election officials can just ignore this, as there is no process in place for backsies on the certification.

67 Likes

“I rescind my prior vote to certify Wayne County elections. I fully believe the Wayne County vote should not be certified,” Monica Palmer…

Rescind her vote?!? That sounds like voter fraud, to me.

72 Likes

“Strange that Creation, designed expressly for Monseigneur, should be so soon wrung dry and squeezed out! There must be something short-sighted in the eternal arrangements, surely!”

Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities.

Some things never change. Something must be wrong with the people that we let vote, right, ahole?

19 Likes

They need to be investigated … swiftly … extensively … like FBI level … election manipulation level …
This is garbage …

48 Likes

Are there any editors at TPM?
How about a sentence or two on what this means and whether there is any legal predicate that would allow a municipal board member to change their vote ex post facto…

35 Likes

If they had done the right thing in the first place, very few would have noticed and they could have gone about their measly pathetic lives with only a few MAGA death threats.

Now they have placed themselves in a position where they are damned both ways. Fuck 'em.

49 Likes

This is a done deal. What this accomplishes, however is a pretext for the Pubbies on the State Board to refuse to certify. GOP is a total shitshow.

75 Likes

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, THIS is today’s Republican Party.

43 Likes

So, let me see if I get this right: The results are okay and we vote to certify, but we want an audit. But if that is their position, than with or without audit the results are okay, aren’t they?

17 Likes

I refuse to certify.
I rescind my refusal.
I rescind my rescission and refuse!

Election official #2 - What she said. I think.

35 Likes

WTF is the matter with these clowns?

32 Likes

Everything Trump Touches Dies. How many things - or people - has he killed?

15 Likes

Nothing. They are clowns. It’s who they are.

26 Likes

Monica Palmer:

“I rescind my prior vote to certify Wayne County elections.”

“Round and round she goes, and where she stops nobody knows …”

Ed Bowes used to intone this on his radio program, the “Original Amateur Hour.”

12 Likes