Members Of Congress Left Behind A Massive Evidence Trail As They Pushed Trump’s Big Lie | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) on Thursday night released an absolutely massive report compiling the social media posts of every Republican who voted to object to the counting of certain states’ Electoral College votes on Jan. 6.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1363585
1 Like

Not as massive as Hawley’s phone call and text message records with oathkeepers is gonna be.

67 Likes

Bet there are a lot of oaths being sworn upon hearing this news.

If there was any document that should be read out loud in full in the Senate, it should be this one. Mandatory attendance.

58 Likes

History will thank Ms. Lofgren … I already carry a crush. She is a spectacular rep.

53 Likes

She’s my Rep and I’ve always been a fan!

39 Likes

Get it all written down in the record, so that every one of their great great grand kids can look them up, and realize what traitors they were.

41 Likes

Interesting that no members of the press did this first. Or did they, but editors spiked it because there was no “Balance”…

50 Likes

This should be on call for every democratic rep or senator when being lambasted for being partisan by their Republican colleagues. A Merry Tut, tut! Let me check the reference. I see here, o this day at this time that you…

But really, it is a stupendous start to a process that should be ongoing. Drive these Seditionistas out of office. Rub their noses in it. Make them actually answer real questions about their past words and work.

48 Likes

At what point will the NY Times learn that giving RWNJs a platform in their Opinion section isn’t worth the retractions and bad writing? Not how to convince me to subscribe. I’ll do an inferior crossword.

37 Likes

Mo Brooks wrote “ANTIFA facsists.”

66 Likes

Rep. Zoe Lofgren was an aide to the very well respected Don Edwards from California. He was a solid civil libertarian who was on the Watergate committee and fought to disband HUAC.
I’m wondering what else is out there. Text messages from Louis Gohmerts 2006 era Motorola Razor flip phone?

18 Likes

Sunlight is the best disinfectant and Rep. Zoe Lofgren’s addition is going to burn.

33 Likes

Thank you Congresswoman Lofgren, great work and a lot of it will come in handy for their trials.

27 Likes

Somebody needs to explain to Slow Mo what Antifa actually means.

30 Likes

@matt_shuham Billy Long is R-MO.

And yet all these big tweeters won re-election, but the election was rigged?

29 Likes

Drum them out with it!

4 Likes

Well from one former MO AG to the current seem to be up to their necks on this.

47 Likes

“organized by the white nationalist Nicholas Fuentes,”
something about that line must surely give others a chuckle, too…

15 Likes

Well the stakes have been upped, once again. In today’s day and age, massive amounts of evidence need to be met with massive negligence, massive not-caring, massive avoidance, massive looking-the-other-way, massive both-siderism, and massive sweeping-under-the-rug. It has been like an arms race, and the RW was perfectly capable of keeping up as we moved into the internet age.

Can they do it again? I would like to bet against them…but I’ve been losing bets for a long time.

7 Likes

Slow Mo is intellectually challenged by trying to remember his own name.
Even when he sings “Happy Birthday” under his breath he gets the name wrong most of the time.

13 Likes