Meet Vish Burra, The Man Behind George Santos

I do not believe he was photoshopped into the image: that’s “Santos” and Burra together in a Hill corridor. However, the front page photo editors, as they often do on TPM, did use 'shop to punch up the blue suit (both in order to highlight Burra, and because the blue suit is indeed hideous).

4 Likes

Kevin McQuarthy does it again.

7 Likes

My guess is Roger Stone.

4 Likes

Our need to be constantly entertained seems to have created too many entertaining politicians. I wonder how many people may believe they are participating in our democracy by simply tuning in for the next entertaining antic of those who simply crave attention, and governing/legislating is not what they’re there for.

2 Likes

You can do anything that you want to do
But uh-uh honey lay off of my blue plaid suit

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification    : - )

1 Like

I can find no evidence this actually happened.

2 Likes

I think you are right and I amended the post. There appears to be some rule about headgear in the House, perhaps goes back to wearing hats. This may be what Raskin was referring to.

The United States House of Representatives ban on head covering is an 1837 simple resolution that is a sumptuary rule restricting Representatives from wearing any headgear during sessions. It originally represented a break from the British House of Commons hat-wearing tradition.

3 Likes

The only thing I saw on this from Raskin himself on his bandanna/scarf was crediting Steven Van Zandt for the look.

4 Likes

Meet The Man Behind George Santos

No thanks.

1 Like

I think you’re probably way ahead of most people in thinking that but you’re correct. It’s all come down to performing in front of a camera or hoping your outrageous tweets go viral because of their outlandish stupidity or because you “owned the Libs” or triggered some special interest group. The only serious policy pronouncements are coming from Democrats.

It’s just the lawyer in you. :wink:

3 Likes

I have a keen sense for Too-Good-To-Be-True.

3 Likes

So do we have any evidence that any of the things this dude said about his early history bear any resemblance to facts?

Some of the later employment can be verified, but before that…

2 Likes

Yeah, given his current employer that’s a bit of a concern. But here’s one verified:

3 Likes

Still gotta wonder about the “empire” :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Had more than one buyer. But hey, nice spin on your drug bust.

2 Likes

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217604452

She claimed it - Jamie Raskin corrected it - Twitter added a “note” to correct it.

https://www.politicalflare.com/2023/01/the-cruelty-is-the-point-republicans-trying-to-force-jamie-raskin-to-remove-the-cap-he-wears-as-he-undergoes-chemo/

1 Like

“Burra is what we kookaburras call a ‘KOOKY-burra.’”

2 Likes

Um, I’m guessing alcohol.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available