Meet Vish Burra, The Man Behind George Santos

As he watched Rep. George Santos (R-NY) become consumed by scandal, Vish Burra knew he wanted in. Burra didn’t hesitate when asked by TPM if the scandal surrounding Santos’ lies about his personal history and the myriad questions surrounding his campaign finances drew him to work for the newly elected congressman. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1446808

It’s wonderful to know who’s “behind” Santos, but I’m wondering who’s “behind” Burra …

… besides Steve Bannon and Matt Gaetz.

Gaetz also hired—at least temporarily—the former producer of Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast. The filing discloses a single $650 “payroll” expense to operative Viswanag Burra, on May 28, one week after Gaetz stumped for donations on Bannon’s show. (Burra lists his occupation on LinkedIn as “Special Ops at Congressman Matt Gaetz.”)

25 Likes

Burra, who recently became Santos’ director of operations

So what’s in it for Burra, and did he have a job prior to jumping on this lovely opportunity?

20 Likes

Imagine the outrage if a Democrat hired a convicted drug dealer for their staff…

34 Likes

Fashion consultant for Kellyanne?

17 Likes

If just by this picture alone, it looks like “Santos” is actually an animatronic app controlled by the thumb on Vish Burra’s phone.

34 Likes

Every photo of that lying sack of Santos reminds me how every candidate running against traitor Tom Tiffany in WI-7 got zero support from the Democratic party. Ditto for the empty suit in a roomful of zeroes Sean Duffy before him.

7 Likes

Burra looks like a second-tier Superman villain.

17 Likes

Loving the plaid coat, it gives him a certain Herb Tarlek appeal.

21 Likes

“We have resumes. We’re going through them,” said Burra. “Right now it’s just that we have to be more diligent in the way we hire because of the situation. … we’re just moving through it in a way that’s adding layers of diligence.”

I read something like that about the diligence being employed in hiring staffers for Santos and something happens to my brain - I can’t tell if I’m having PTSD, COVID or future shock.

20 Likes

So much dignity in the House.

7 Likes

Clan MacFraud.

15 Likes

No morals or ethics whatsoever.

5 Likes

If he and Kyrsten Cinema (sic) appeared together in public as a couple, Mr. Blackwell would give them Two Throws Up!

32 Likes

Imagine the outrage if a Democrat hired anybody for their staff…

5 Likes

Or a bond flick henchman from the era of bad bond movies.

17 Likes

Kelly Anne was a Revolutionary War flight attendant?

26 Likes

The man behind George Santos

Beetlejuice?

11 Likes

George Santos is the only person I can think of whose middle name/initial should be an ampersand.

6 Likes

The only three piece suit he should be wearing involves chains.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available