Meet The First Trump Cronies Subpoenaed By The Jan. 6 Committee | Talking Points Memo

Such an obscure word, hasn’t been used in decades.

8 Likes

Sweet

1 Like

Nixon being pardoned didn’t stop us from jailing (some of) his henchmen. pour le découragement des autres

7 Likes

Yes, for what that’s worth.

3 Likes

Serious question: To what extent do the rules of evidence for this investigation differ from a criminal trial? They’re attempting to delve into what happened, and I don’t see how you could do much investigating if you couldn’t ask these mooks what Trump and others said and did in relation to this. That seemed to be an issue you were raising; sorry if I misunderstood. But I think even in criminal trials there’s all kind of evidence that gets gathered up, but not all of it is admissible. The crux of just about every “Law & Order” was that guilt and innocence weren’t in question, but they had to find a viable way to prove it.

Pinochet was grabbed when he stepped outside Chile. Maybe the same can happen to this cockroach.

2 Likes

Haldeman and Mitchell were locked up and they were pretty inner-circle. I’m holding my popcorn until Doof Jr. gets to sit for the beanshave.

3 Likes

I don’t think cheney has visited spain in 20+ years.

1 Like

Yes, because the central figure was untouchable at that point. Not the case here. Imagine the reaction if AG Garland indicts Bannon, Stone, Eastman and the rest for criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States, but Trump isn’t included. How would Garland explain it?

It’s bad enough that Presidents like Nixon can be pardoned for criminal acts. But refusing to include Trump – who has not ben pardoned – while indicting all the other conspirators would be the ultimate demonstration that yes, Presidents are above the law.

1 Like

He doesn’t have to explain it, any more than mueller did. If you can pull your head out of the rathole for a moment, would you prefer the henchmen were not indicted?

would be the ultimate demonstration that yes, Presidents are above the law.

We’ve known that since reagan and bush the greater. Reminding another generation is no impediment.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for this nut bars turn. In my old bones I know she is involved.

The House of Representatives passed legislation Friday designed to protect the right to have an abortion—and it caused some real drama on the Capitol’s steps. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) started antagonizing House Democrats as they spoke about the bill’s passage—shouting “you should all be ashamed”—at which point Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) blasted her for showing a “lack of civility.” Greene then called abortion murder and said Democrats themselves didn’t display civility, pointing to the ongoing border crisis, according to a video of the altercation. This prompted Dingell to yell back at Greene to “practice the basic thing you’re taught in church: respect your neighbors.” Greene then shouted incredulously with a laugh: “Church? Are you kidding me? Try being a Christian and supporting life.” “You try being a Christian,” Dingell shot back. At the end of the video, Greene says, “Watch your step lady, you’re going to fall down. Control yourself.”

3 Likes

Rathole? I’ll have you know I live in a very nice rat house. Cheese and everything. Anyway, yes I would prefer the henchmen were not indicted if Trump isn’t included.

Partly for the horrible messaging about Presidential invulnerability, but also because there would be a good chance the henchmen would be acquitted by saying it was all just loose talk that didn’t go anywhere. Just one of many schemes floating around at the time. Without the actor at the center of the conspiracy who fired up the crowd and aimed it at the Capitol, the charges have no weight.

Speaking of rat holes, here is a dog sport - “Barn Hunt” that uses several dog traits. I would like to get mine involved for dog life enrichment. So far, I haven’t had time. Perhaps we could use these dogs to eradicate anti-democracy holdouts burrowed-in from the last administration.

https://www.barnhunt.com/index.html

3 Likes

The rats used in Barn Hunt are beloved family pets. They jump eagerly into their safe, comfortable aerated tubes and truly enjoy interacting with the dogs.

Oh sure, nice try and I’m not falling for it. Not unless the cheese is awfully damned good.

1 Like

Because it’s quite possible that the rest of them were off planning things while just telling Trump that everything was taken care of, and he really wasn’t read in much more than “make speech, keep seat”.

2 Likes

Pyramid the evidence, so you don’t try to pyramid the inferences.

IANAL, and I am not a lawyer in the UK, for sure, but, I’m pretty sure that the Police Commissioner is at least partially mistaken. If she were to review the oath she took when she was elevated to Commissioner, she’d realize that in the Kingdom where she resides, Bonnie Prince Andrew’s Mum, Liz, is, in point of fact, THE LAW; not below it, she is the embodiment of it. It absolutely does not apply to her, and likely not to any of her children, or grandchildren, either.

3 Likes

Not been the technical case for centuries.

Although people like Epstein that have been a problem for her relatives have been known to Epstein themselves.

3 Likes

What Trump said to the witnesses is a fact. And it won’t even be hearsay if he ever gets criminally charged.

4 Likes

…and this has been another episode of the perfect being the enemy of the good.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available