Meet The First Trump Cronies Subpoenaed By The Jan. 6 Committee | Talking Points Memo

Well what I like about issuing these fuggs subpoenas is that the committee must already have some pretty good indication that these people got dirt we want. And, they are going after Chump and his inner circle…not just nibbling around the edges.

16 Likes

That’s an interesting and possible reality. Having said that, aren’t they all civilians now and not above the law? I’m thinking about Bonnie Prince Andrew over in the ancient kingdom. He was eventually given a subpoena regarding Epstein and his Madam. I read in the Guardian that the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, Dame Cressida Dick, said that no one is above the law.

So how can they get away with it? Lawyers? Escape to a deserted isle?

4 Likes

I’m not saying that Kash Patel is a serial killer. Maybe he just looks like one.

10 Likes

The Federal Rules of Evidence don’t apply to Congress.

16 Likes

Meadows, personally, is obnoxious, boorish and churlish. His behavior was abominable during the Cohen Hearings chaired by Elijah Cummings

8 Likes

Someone needs attention or a nap

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene gets into a shouting match with Rep. Debbie Dingell pic.twitter.com/2ZyXOLEY6f

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) September 24, 2021
7 Likes

I’m interested to know names of the other members of Congress who were at that Willard Hotel meeting.

7 Likes

None of those dweebs are inner circle.

3 Likes

O/T but about time
Flood Insurance Costs Are Set to Skyrocket for Some - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

9 Likes

Um, he did not testify, unless you count that disastrous TV interview.

I’m not saying kash patel was a rejected name for a bond villain henchman, but…

5 Likes

It does look bad that the 1/6 Committee has gone after big targets who organized the 1/6 insurrection after being in existence for about 2 months while the DOJ is still going after Joe Douchebag who showed up at the Capitol with his pickup, loaded with guns and fertilizer, broke a few windows in the Capitol and dropped a few f-bombs along the way. Just appoint a special prosecutor to go after folks and get on with it.

9 Likes

I feel 100% confident that it MTG had gotten knocked up by the gym owner or the tantric sex guru, she’d have aborted the hell out of that baby.

15 Likes

And none of these guys are officeholders or direct political rivals of anyone in the administration or Democratic Party. There’s much less worry that sanctions against them would be screamed about as an attempt to use the executive’s power politically. At least, I assume so. They’d be upholding the prerogatives of Congress to investigate and have its subpoenas and other directives taken seriously. I think these guys need to consider the strong probability that if they blow off that subpoena they’re getting indicted over it.

6 Likes

In good time he will be. It may begin with a Zoom type interview but if things are as they appear, he is open to being extradited. From what Dame Dick said, Great Britain would undoubtedly give him up.

From what I’ve read, he’s pretty much person non grata amongst many of the Royals; Charles despises him and would be happy to be rid of Mommies favourite son, Andy. She’s is protecting him. In fact he fled to one of her massive estates in the north to avoid getting that subpoena but alas, failed…

3 Likes

Though FRE doesn’t apply, it just seems more effective to focus on facts.

2 Likes

Lauren Boebert bungles her call to oust Biden when she misspells ‘impeach’ - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism

10 Likes

A point I was circling around yesterday is that I don’t think any of the conspirators will ever be indicted unless AG Garland is also willing to indict Trump as well. There would be no point; it would leave a gaping hole at the center of the conspiracy. And with Trump being such a high stakes target, Garland won’t act until he’s sure he has proof that Trump acted in a clear, jury-convincing way to put these plans in motion.

For us here at TPM the speech Trump gave to the crowd on 1/6 is enough, together with all the hints on Twitter beforehand. But maybe that’s not enough for a jury. As the saying goes, Garland best not miss if he comes at the King, so he may be waiting to see what the 1/6 committee digs up as further evidence of Trump’s active role in the conspiracy.

7 Likes

Let me know when he crosses a US border. Hell, let me know should he exit blighty.

If these guys show, will they be questioned under oath?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available