Meet The First Trump Cronies Subpoenaed By The Jan. 6 Committee | Talking Points Memo

The House select committee investigating the Capitol insurrection has issued its first batch of subpoenas, homing in on further unearthing the White House’s role in the Jan. 6 attack on Congress.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1388447
2 Likes

All were involved from the planning of the insurrection to the continued attacks on our country. Their intent was to overturn the election by force.

21 Likes
  • Meadows maintains that Trump wanted Jan. 6 to be “peaceful and patriotic.”

Yes, that’s why after it BECAME violent, he did nothing to stop it, for hours…

…with his House & Senate cronies BEGGING him to call off his goons…

15 Likes

What Meadows Has Already Said:

• He’s dismissed any suggestion that Trump played a role in instigating the attack.
  • Meadows maintains that Trump wanted Jan. 6 to be “peaceful and patriotic.”

Obviously, Meadows will be designated as a hostile witness… to Democracy.

11 Likes

Seems like there are better things to do in life than lie awake nights plotting a coup that could land you in jail. They are not so stupid as to not know this could be an enormous cow pie.

6 Likes

They all add up to A Confederacy of Seditionists.

19 Likes

demanding documents from and interviews with Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, Kash Patel, and Dan Scavino.

Do markymeadows last. He’s the dumbest, and the most desperate.

16 Likes

This is a trickle I can’t wait for the waterfall.

6 Likes

Mark Meadows is a complete, racist asshole.

15 Likes

This is an unprecedented effort to undermine our System of government. No amount of tap dancing will alter that, and it will become more and more apparent with each passing day.

This is a New Frontier in American politics. It’s not “we disagree on policy”.

It’s “we rule”.

15 Likes

Squawk! Perjury trap! Perjury trap! If you think that these ne’er-do-wells will tell the truth, I’ll have some of what you’re smoking. Many of the questions in the article request witness recollections of heresay (IANAL) i.e. what was TFG “thinking.” The answer probably is “hamberders.” I want to know everything the witnesses did and said on January 6. Subpoena Chuck Grassley while they’re at it. He HAS to be involved somehow He’s going to pull a fast one. Get reelected then have a deal with the governor to fill the empty seat with grandson Pat Grassley. . F*ck what these witnesses’s “feelings” were on that day! Verifiable facts only, please.

13 Likes

We knew that when he brought forth the token black employee at the Michael Cohen hearings before HJC. I will never forget Elijah Cummings: “Sir, I am the chairman”.

ETA: Also, he’s part owner of a young earth creationist dinosaur fossil park, which wouldn’t be all that notable except he neglected to report the income from it on his financial disclosure form, which may have had something to do with his inexplicable hasty exit from a safe congresscritter seat.

13 Likes

12 Likes

…Steve Bannon, Mark Meadows, Kash Patel, and Dan Scavino…

The Four Horsemen of the Derpocalypse™

26 Likes

What are the options for when exactly zero of these fucksticks show up to testify or release any documents whatsoever? Holding out a vain, ridiculous hope for a CIA black site.

5 Likes

None of these dunces will be asked questions that the questioner doesn’t already know the answer to. The trick is to pin them down with yes/no type questions that they can’t wiggle out of.

I’m sure they are feverishly gaming this out right now trying to put the best face on an impossible task.

Trump meanwhile is swinging a golf club somewhere.

10 Likes

Honestly, I’ve lost my faith in nihilism…

14 Likes

Congressional subpoenae are enforced at the whim of the department of justice, which reports to some guy named joe.

12 Likes

kicking a golf ball somewhere

14 Likes

Remembering him crying for the late Elijah Cummings to defend him because they were such good friends. Such bullshit

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available