Meadows Was Kept Updated On Plot To Seize Voting Machines, Texts Show

A key player in MAGA World’s plot to have the federal government seize voting machines to undo the 2020 election made sure then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows knew about the status of the plan, according to texts obtained by CNN.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1433537
1 Like

And Meadows stayed quiet the whole time.

60 Likes

OT

I ran across this little gem in the Twitterverse:

“Voting is a lot like driving a car:
Vote D to go forward and R to go backward.”

72 Likes

From CNN:

“Waldron, a retired Army colonel with ties to Trump’s one-time national security adviser Michael Flynn, has emerged as a key figure in the broader scheme to overturn the election and was the architect of several extreme proposals for doing so.”

And he lives just west of Austin.

One of the serious conspirators.

And Meadows is in deeper and deeper.

69 Likes

It used to be that pals would gather at Benny’s Bar on voting day, have a few beers and pretzels, swap stories about successful election interference and then they’d all go down to the local voting precinct and seize the jiggered voting machines, but the woke mob took all that away.

64 Likes

Last we heard, Meadows was turning stuff over, very likely with the intent of going for immunity in exchange for testifying about all he knows.

As a typical North Carolinian, he thought he knew enough about everything. But now that he knows more about the ways of the world, he just might actually start to understand that he did not, that democracy was (and is) in peril, and it’s time to come clean.

With a really swanky book deal (ghost written, of course, but based on interviews with him), Meadows can then pull in some big bucks. Enough to pay for the security he will need if he really does tell all, under oath, to the American people. He’ll be a hero (sort of) to some, and a major turncoat to many. But he’ll go down in history, in a manner similar to John Dean.

Fess up, Mark. You can buy a nice house on a mountain top in the hills of NC, and mellow out.

21 Likes

Meadows Was Kept Updated On Plot To Seize Voting Machines, Texts Show

Meadows is not an old man. I’m sure he’d like more opportunities to see the wider world than those afforded by daily jaunts in the exercise yard.
Surely, he can come to some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement with DoJ.

34 Likes

Memories of Mom being the judge of elections in our precinct. Our polling place was in the borough building’s fire house. Stubby ran a tavern next to the precinct. He couldn’t serve liquor on Election Day but he made sure Mom and the election board had lunch and dinner. Nobody ever challenged that Stubby did it because he made sure that every person on the board Republican or Democrat was treated the same.

These days if Stubby were still alive no doubt he would be harassed by the MAGATS as they alleged he was trying to rig the vote count.

42 Likes

Another example of the radical left’s devotion to cancel culture.
What other American institutions must we sacrifice on the altar of their ‘woke’ extremism?

10 Likes

Meadows continues to listen to his attorney’s advice -say nothing.

16 Likes
22 Likes

In no reality is mark Meadows a hero. He is a delusional, conspiracy-driven moron. Probably still sitting on a couch, diddling with his phone, with his head squarely stuck up his ass. He needs a really good lawyer. Fat chance.

30 Likes

What a wonderful day! Cooler by miles in Texas today and the first week of night temps cool enough so set fall tomato blossoms. Mercy.

So, is Markie Mark going for the old IOKIYAR ploy? DO the crime, and when it comes up snake eyes (ETTD), sashay away with little accountability by fingering the other guy. Then write the book, as others have noted. It really does seem like a vast right-wing conspiracy. Someone shoulda warned us!

29 Likes

All of 'em are fucking traitors. In the coup up top their eyeballs.
Article 3 Section3 of the Constitution should be employed with trump and his inner circle. Failing that how’s about conspiracy to commit sedition?

24 Likes

My mother used to works at the polls, in what roll I am not sure. It was memorable because she was gone all day and my father made us dinner. After dinner he joined her at the polls. One year, when I was probably about 5 or 6, my older brother and sister weren’t around to babysit me, so my father took me with him to the polling place. I remember that the side of the voting machine – the old kind, where you pulled switches or just one switch, if you were voting a straight party ticket – was unlocked and opened, and my father held a light so he could read off the results to someone. I have every confidence that there was no chicanery at my suburban town’s polling place, and there were probably poll watchers there to make sure. But still, I’m amazed to think of the chicanery that would have been possible with that kind of machine and system. P.S.: Don’t parts of NYC still use those old metal monster voting machines?

28 Likes

Reporting indicates that Meadows was a weak supplicant in all of Donnie’s illegal schemes.

14 Likes

Mark hasn’t been out and about trying to pump up some alternative facts for quite a while.
I think there’s a good chance he took your suggestion, plumped down a fair chunk of change and may currently be trying to arrange to keep some of his future time for himself.

23 Likes

We vote by paper ballot.
Mrs darr did a temp gig with our Elections dept in 2020 and she knows for certain there was no fraud in Pima County, AZ.

And the entire process of handling ballots was live on line. Anyone could watch the whole thing from reception of ballots to humans opening them and counting them and then recounted by tally machines.
trump’s ego just could not deal with losing.

19 Likes

As I understand from Neal Katyal on Al Franken’s podcast, the conspiracy charge will have the best possible chance if DoJ can get one or more of the principals to flip.

27 Likes

Meadows has been staying very quiet because he knows that he’s royally fucked.

61 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available