McEnany Leans Into White House’s Surrender On COVID By Touting Therapeutics | Talking Points Memo

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Tuesday leaned into chief of staff Mark Meadows’ off-handed admission earlier this week that the Trump administration is “not going to control” the COVID-19 pandemic as the President falsely claims that the country is “rounding the turn” amid surging cases.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340714

Why does anyone give her air time? Aren’t the daily briefings enough to show that she never has anything to say that’s worth listening to?

11 Likes

So, that’s the fake news. Here’s the real news:

18 Likes

It was on Fox

2 Likes

It’s been interesting watching the anti-science playbook that’s been used by climate deniers fail with Covid. It’s easier to denounce science when it’s gradual and incremental. Harder to deny it when it’s all happening in a very concentrated period of time.
I’m guessing a few more hurricane, fire, and high heat seasons like the last few will start to change the minds of many of those skeptics.

11 Likes

“Yes, he has shown us that plan with therapeutics and his plan is working,” McEnany said.

14 Likes

Only for the bestest of people.

4 Likes

Happy talk based on random, meaningless statistics and presidential blather is not a plan, Kayleigh. A plan is a set of steps for action, you know, we’re going to do this and this and this. Biden has a plan. You people have no plan, never did, and never will. You can go now.

Signed,
The American People

15 Likes

“The American people want freedom, they want to make choices for themselves. Get out, open their businesses, open their schools, open their churches. That’s what the President has done,” McEnany said.

The “Freedom to Spread Disease” fell behind a desk in Philadelphia and didn’t make the final cut. We’ll have to depend on original intended intent on this one.

3 Likes

“The American people want freedom, they want to make choices for themselves. Get out, open their businesses, open their schools, open their churches. That’s what the President has done,” McEnany said. “Joe Biden will lock this country down, devastate the economy and that’s the alternative.”

thread

15 Likes

It’s weird how America keeps coming back to an argument about the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’.

No industrialized country is perfect, but here, price will always matter.

9 Likes

4 Likes

You have to love for profit health care: Your money or your life.
No money? Gee, that’s too bad.
Nothing personal. It’ s just business.

12 Likes

When asked during an interview on Fox News Tuesday morning about Trump’s dismissal of COVID-19 — which includes his tweet griping about how “all the fake news media wants to talk about is COVID, COVID, COVID” — as cases surge in states that the President is traveling to, including Wisconsin and Nebraska, McEnany insisted that the President’s “plan is working” with therapeutics.

“Yes, he has shown us that plan with therapeutics and his plan is working,” McEnany said.
… … …
BULLSHIT
trump has no plan and takes no responsibility. Pie in the sky therapeutics is not a plan
… … …
And this from discobot:
It looks like your link to talkingpointsmemo.com was already posted in the topic by @discobot in a reply on Oct 27, '20 – are you sure you want to post it again?
… … …
Let me say this as loudly as I can…

FUCK YOU DISCOBOT … YOUR FUCKING RUDENESS IS NOT APPRECIATED. GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY POSTS!!! !!!

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

whistling

10 Likes

I have yelled at my computer and you never answer me

4 Likes

Both can exist and two strange forms of capitalism is why this continent (America in particular) flourished.

That said, regarding money and health, a line has to be looked at (?).

Though an ‘yes’ answer has obvious consequences, is CV 19 related pre existing conditions ok going forward?

edited

1 Like

That grey suited man looks nothing like ‘Louie 14’.

1 Like

On one had we have death and disease and the other a chance at life even if not the old normal. I choose the new normal (lockdown).
That is what I voted for Kayleigh. You are welcome to your maskless death cult only let me ask that you not spread it any further than you have. I am an old guy. I would like to watch my grandson grow and thrive. But seems you hate such things.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available