McConnell-Schumer Standoff Over Impeachment Trial Continues On Senate Floor

The impasse over how to conduct a Senate impeachment trial was on display on the Senate floor Friday morning, with both Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) making their cases for how best to handle the delivery of articles of impeachment from the House.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1282528
1 Like

14 Likes

During the speeches, Susan Collins clutched her pearls so hard her knuckles became concerned.

21 Likes

McConnell looks like a figure out of Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum here:

9 Likes

Holy hell, that’s an obituary I’m looking forward to.

8 Likes

Only if they keep the temp of the wax museum at about 55 centigrade.

6 Likes

In other words, better than he has since 2008.

5 Likes

McYertle and Schumer are talking behind the scenes.

8 Likes

Stay strong Schumer
You hold a Royal Flush as the further evidence drips out and Spanky continues the meltdown.
Well see how popular Spanky is when gas hits $5 a gallon thanks to his latest adventure in diplomacy for first graders

11 Likes

Whatever they’re saying, Pelosi should be on Schumer’s mind.

6 Likes

FUCK Mitch the Lap Dog

5 Likes

Ya know, maybe Speaker Pelosi can “Merrick Garland” the Articles of Impeachment and just let Moscow Mitch and the Orange Blob stew in their own juices indefinitely.

16 Likes

I’d say he looks like he lost his best friend. But I know that that’s impossible because, like the Orange Blob, he has no friends.

8 Likes

As someone living in Maine but my heart still lives in San Francisco, I get a physical revulsion every time that shrew comes up. I spent 16 years with Boxer, Feinstein and Pelosi going to bat for me. Now, I’ve got this duplicitous turd. I miss the bay area more with every passing day.

15 Likes

Oh, I’m sure she is. He’s probably texting her while he’s chewing the fat with McYertle.

2 Likes

Mitch looks like he’s losing his bullfrog luster and morphing into a scary cat!

7 Likes

Does anyone know where #moscowmitch mcturtlehead might purchase a chin bra?

7 Likes

McConnell’s main problem is that every day he doesn’t get the trial done with means more revelations of Trump’s guilt. With Trump’s penchant for criminality, this could easily become more like the gush from a firehouse than the “drip, drip, drip” of Nixon. Time is definitely not Trump’s friend.

15 Likes

Let it go Mitch! Let it go!

You really need to concentrate and pass that big blob of shit you’re carrying around in your gut!

2 Likes

Go get 'em Schumer. We’re counting on you to keep after this SOB to allow witnesses.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available