McConnell Fundraising Ad Vows To Kill Impeachment In Senate

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) fundraising ads for his reelection campaign now include a promise to quash impeachment efforts against President Donald Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1254090

If the Intel Folks can get to Trump, they can get to Moscow McConnell.

35 Likes

Well, just color me shocked and astonished to hear this. :smirk:

18 Likes

Fuck the nation, party and money are the only important thing in existence.

9 Likes

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. Donald Trump is a 300lb. anvil about to be tossed off the rowboat. If you would like to tie that to your neck, I say “Please proceed.”

28 Likes

McConnell can say what he wants right now. If public opinion changes -particularly among Republicans -with each additional morsel of information, so will he. Of that, I have no doubt. He’s not leading on this, he’s following.

16 Likes

It’s all true. He’s over the Trial and Conviction, not Impeachment…

13 Likes

The Republican Party is a criminal organization and has been for some time. This is not shocking. The rich have been conditioning the rabble since Reagan.

20 Likes
19 Likes

This senate trial after impeachment will be over quicker than a kavanaugh investigation.

10 Likes

Not necessarily. Trump’s not the only guy that the CIA has a lot of dirt on.

22 Likes

Where is Stephen Miller in this? I so badly want him implicated

12 Likes

He can do and say whatever he likes. The investigation will proceed; the hearings will proceed; the evidence will continue to be revealed.

If he wants to be on the wrong side of history, that is his prerogative. When he loses the Senate and all of his contacts and Chao loses her job and is possibly prosecuted for her stuff, we can always remind him of his position.

23 Likes

Probably at least on the call. Along with Jared.

8 Likes

saying he would have “no choice” but to put it to a vote.

Well, that’s technically true. He can gavel in the proceedings, someone can move to dismiss, a ‘vote’ can be taken and the whole thing shut down in under ten minutes. But yeah… ‘comity’ and all that.

Depending on the quality of dirt that starts pouring out of the IC - McConnell will do everything he can to save the Senate Majority - including tossing the orange turdblossom and installing someone else.

11 Likes

I’m not the first TPM poster to put up this tee, but damn, had to do it again

5 Likes

Can’t trust Moscow Mitch to maintain a consistent position. He’ll do whatever is in his immediate political interest, no matter how many norms and taboos he has to break.

8 Likes

features a short video of McConnell telling users that a “left wing mob” has “convinced” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to launch an impeachment inquiry into Trump.

“All of you know your Constitution,” the Republican senator says. “The way that impeachment stops is a Senate majority with me as majority leader.”

McConnell then urges for supporters’ “help” in the form of contributions to his campaign.

:popcorn::popcorn:

just waiting on the ‘it’s Pelosi’s fault’/ ‘slowwalking’ crowd to respond.

8 Likes

No shock there. dems should use this ad in their 2020 Senate Campaigns

16 Likes

You forgot power. And maybe the ability to wipe people’s memories.

5 Likes