McConnell Finally Caves On Election Security Measure After Months Of Stonewalling

Yeah, it does seem a bit of a tell. #moscowmitch has seen the complaint and he knows it probably can’t be contained. He’s building the necessary ground work for covering his ass. Let’s hope a vote on conviction for articles of impeachment is part of Mitch’s exit strategy.

8 Likes

“I’m proud to have helped develop this amendment and to co-sponsor it in committee”, said Moscow Mitch, continuing, “even though I’ve been shoving all related legislation up my ass for the past 12 months so none of it could see the light of day. Ain’t I a hero?”

16 Likes

In typical sociopathic fashion, they probably thought this would be “no big deal” and that people would “welcome the cost savings” for no longer bringing the immigrants over here for treatment. Whenever they get strong enough push-back, they tend to fold quietly and reinstate the policy without fanfare. At which point, they gaslight incessantly, insisting they never really wanted to implement that policy in the first place.

8 Likes

Hang on a moment here, people. MoscowMitch caves after “months”? What about “years”? He was the guy that shot Obama down 3 years ago and threatened to make it sound like Obama was threatening the integrity of the process to crown Hillary.

Don’t tell me you’re proud you chinless fuck.

18 Likes

the amendment is “exactly the kind of positive outcome” that is possible “when we stop posturing for the press.”

And be “we” I mean “I”

7 Likes

O/T, but way more important: Cardi B is a Nine Trey Gangsta Blood member…

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tekashi-6ix9ine-testifies-trial-cardi-192917323.html

It won’t be Romney…if Trump really has dome something that’s going to bring the Republicans over to the side of impeachment, there is still the matter of the impeachment investigation, and the continued blocking of testimony and court runaround by the administration will continue. Add in the impeachment trial time, and then the time to convict in the Senate, and it would be at least six months before Trump is cast out, likely more due to the time to shove things through the courts. Trump will not step down, he doesn’t have it in him and won’t do it for the good of the nation like Nixon did.

In parallel with all of this, the Republicans will have to scramble to hold a primary, and deal with Trump’s base that will demand they stand behind him. The second part is going to be tricky…they may just vote for Trump in the primary, and he’d still be running. It will be a total disaster for them, and if they stand with Trump and he’s impeached they lose the rest of the nation, if they stand against him they lose the right wing that will refuse to vote, write him in, or start the violent overthrow of the nation. In any case, they likely lose control of everything, maybe even in really safe seats that they never should lose.

And it would serve them right for everything they have done in the past decade or two to undermine our democracy.

14 Likes

Beneath his gruff exterior beats the heart of an idealist. I’m all verklempt.

14 Likes

Guessing the latter, because it was inevitable. Can’t help thinking of the Bolshoi Drap, the “big skedaddle” when people decided Moscow was going to fall to the Germans and they were getting the hell out of Dodge. The jig is up, methought the wood began to move, sauve qui peut and the devil take the hindmost, battlefront hospital triage, Doctor McConnell is having Generalissimo Trump wheeled into the corridor because there’s only time for the ones who might live. There’s a thousand metaphors for the moment when fate steps in.

22 Likes

Very magnanimous, very generous for the Majority Enabler to put up $250M when the House bill provided for a lot more.

the Securing America’s Federal Elections Act, passed Thursday [June 27] would authorize $600 million for states to bolster election security. It also would give states $175 million biannually to help sustain election infrastructure.

@n_b To your point, he didn’t exactly show us the money.

14 Likes

Typical for the turtle - 3 years, one tiny step

7 Likes

Showing my age, I suppose, but…

a who is a what?

8 Likes

More metaphors, Matt. Don’t stop now!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Some rapper/singer is also in some gang that other rappers are in and there’s some whole legal mess with lots of crimes.

And that’s about the extent that I know of it.

2 Likes

According to 6ix 9ine, Mitch McConnel is probably a Nine Trey Gangsta Blood member.

4 Likes

Stealing that line.

1 Like

Assumes facts not in evidence, but okay.

I still say pardoning that rat bastard leads directly to where we are today.

12 Likes

Our finding it incomprehensibly murky is pretty much the point. She’s got some good videos, I’ll say that much.

4 Likes

:100: Bingo.

2 Likes

No one expected that the Grim Reaper actually had a heart.

Discuss among yourselves…

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available