McConnell Crows That ACB Will Be A ‘Political Asset’ For GOP Candidates

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) took a victory lap on Monday night after Republican senators successfully confirmed President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court justice nominee, Amy Coney Barrett.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1340655

If Trump loses and throws the election into ‘doubt’, just how many GOP Senators/Reps will jump on the bandwagon and contest their defeat and refuse to concede?

I see a major sh*t-show brewing.

13 Likes

Fuck you McConnell …That is all

26 Likes

Not going to happen. It has been repeatedly demonstrated during the MAGA era that ‘Only Trump can be Trump’! Everyone who has tried to imitate him on the GOP side has been incinerated. The GOP senators/reps who lose will slink away quietly to insure their lobbying or right wing think tank positions.

9 Likes

Between this and the demographic cliff that the GOP is standing on the edge of, I think this means that there really isn’t a reason to vote for them anymore. They have their court, they are going to overturn Roe v. Wade and any vestiges of the ACA, what’s going to rally the troops? What troops will remain in 4-8 years?

8 Likes

Fox News.

4 Likes

In other news

14 Likes

I hope he goes home to nonstop protests outside his home.

8 Likes

I was thinking Facebook, based on Josh’s recent essay, but yes, that hoary old network will try to press on. Limbaugh will be gone and, much like Trump, he is an unique entity.

I think it will be a tough sell.

3 Likes

Burn in a coal-fired hell, Moscow Mitch.

14 Likes

This has been in the news non-stop. Whatever political benefit this provides is already reflected in the polls. This really just gets the opposition up and moving. I am off to Act Blue now,

13 Likes

Fortunately it does not matter if they do not concede. What matters is the votes. In a Virginia gubernatorial race, Ken Cucchinelli lost to Terry McAuliffe but never conceded.

11 Likes

At least McConnell is honest here. He doesn’t give a shit about upholding the law and having a qualified Justice. He only cares about Republican and says so right out loud.

13 Likes

She’s at a campaign event. And Kavanaugh said something about elections can be flipped by absentee ballots. So the rapist who until last night won his seat by the slimmest majority ever is now jumping into the fray? They plan on cheating by the counting, and John Roberts is okay with his greatly unpopular Justices talking about the election a week before it happens. The audacity of these people just never fails to astound.

27 Likes

The most destructive and hateful political force of our generation.

Simply not getting re-elected is too little for him. Mitch needs to be put on trial for crimes against democracy.

16 Likes

McConnell, Trump’s main enabler, will forever be known as a hypocrite, liar, and destroyer of decency, honesty, and democracy. His deceitful legacy.

11 Likes

All of them, of course. Collins and Sasse and Murkowski will be “concerned.”

Yep. Sent Biden/Harris another 100 bucks last night, and I’m not done.

Yep. Essentially acknowledging that they are now, permanently, a minority party, and have to cheat to hold power.

I actually think he’s going to die pretty soon. One hopes.

10 Likes

I just keep picturing Trump, on the south lawn and Secret Service capturingr him with one of those net guns.

7 Likes

Hmmm. Lung disease.

1 Like

No one with the integrity that we should expect in a Supreme Court Justice would ever accept the nomination and approval that Amy Covid Barrett just has.

15 Likes