McConnell Accuses Dems Of ‘Playing The Race Card’ Amid Furor On GA Voting Law | Talking Points Memo

Krugman said this in 2014, and it’s still an understatement.

5 Likes

“These Republicans are really not sending their best people. They’re bigots. They’re Nazis.”

C’mon, Mitch. Even in your home state, POC are being denied the right not to be randomly shot by the police.

Fuck you and your ‘race card’ canard.

2 Likes

“Nobody should buy this notion that this is somehow about voter suppression."

Oh, wait, Mitch, it’s ALL about voter suppression.

1 Like

Q: How do you know when Repubs are being racist or exploiting racism?

A: When they accuse Dems of playing the race card.

Classic projection/misdirection. Even the devil casts a shadow.

1 Like

I’d throw in a 2021 update and say that at this point it’s basically about doing the exact opposite of what Dems want and literal reactionism. They have no governing philosophy beyond spite and sabotage. The GOP is the Fuck You Party.

4 Likes

Kevin McCarthy: “[Biden] hasn’t invited me to the White House, ignored three of my letters and has never once talked to me.”

Kevin, you should be used to that by now. Trump ignored you when you pleaded with him to send help during the Capitol insurrection.

3 Likes

I keep hoping that Majority Leader Schumer and President Biden will continue moving legislation and updating rules, and generally making things harder for Moscow Mitch, so that he takes an early retirement. Note that the governor of Kentucky will then be able to appoint a replacement… and Gov Beshear is a Democrat.

The politer term is “Revanchist”, but whatever gets the message across!

1 Like

You missed the closer "by Gawd "

1 Like

McConnell Accuses Dems Of ‘Playing The Race Card’ Amid Furor On GA Voting Law

That’s actually humorous when you consider that the race card is the one card the GOP plays all the time. Oh, they might crank out the austerity card or the too-much tax card from time-to-time after spending our money like tomorrow is the end of the world (e.g. Dubya’s tax cuts followed by two wars on our credit card, or Satan’s Avatar’s tax cuts for the uber-wealthy), but they always play the race card. You don’t need an Olde Man’s Ears to hear all the dog whistles. After over 60 lost lawsuits brought by Satan’s Avatar’s minions regarding unproven “voting irregularities” in every swing state that Satan’s Avatar lost, we know the elections were clean, and now the GOP is passing voting restrictions in those states to crush voter turnout in non-white neighborhoods. And this ancient wattled relic of Jim Crow is going to claim that he’s not among the racists who are playing a race card?

Moscow Mitch will use every card he has to obtain more power. He and every Republican will use the race card. Every card has two sides.

1 Like

2 Likes

No, it’s the Fuck You Party. Revanchist implies that they have something they want back that they believe is rightfully theirs. There’s that too, of course, white power, male power, class power, etc. But more fundamentally they’re about messing with other people. theirs is a very negative and parasitical worldview. They’re Rebels Without a Cause other than just rebelling.

3 Likes

Sorry Mitch but you goobers are the ones writing the restrictive voting laws intended to keep POC from voting. To say otherwise is a lie. Y’all signed the law in GA in front of a slave plantation painting.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, they passed a bill and overrode a Beshear veto that forces Beshear to pick his replacement from a list of 3 candidates created by the R leadership in the state.

So no solace to be found if Mitch decides to retire (they pretty much passed the bill so he could).

2 Likes

Yes, when Racism is the “suit” the “race card” is called for.

Funny, though, the only time anyone mentions someone “playing the race card” is when they’ve been called out on their racism, but want you to think they acutually had a nuanced, factual argument. Calling you on your racism is not playing the race card. *&^%$#@!

1 Like

I’m thinking that the new law might be challenged in court. I believe that some consider it to contradict the state’s constitution.

2 Likes

nobody does

Sure, because writing laws carefully drawn to disenfranchise black and brown voters isn’t playing a race card.

1 Like

Both of your posts are excellent.

For some people, they are actually info they never thought about.

The GOP wants us to just shut up about their tendency to make it harder for minorities to vote. Sorry Mitch, the “race card” is a major part of the deal. When it’s time to play it, it gets played.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available