McConnell Accuses Dems Of ‘Playing The Race Card’ Amid Furor On GA Voting Law | Talking Points Memo

Mitch knows they don’t vote.

1 Like

Here in Kansas Roger Marshall is reviving the tired old “Death Tax!” label to keep Farmers from paying an inheritance tax. He fails to mention nearly all farms are corporately owned.

11 Likes

Turnout last year for these demographics made new records. His statehouse brothers and sisters are making sure they never get the chance to vote again.

4 Likes

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell said during a press conference in his home state on Monday. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”

“Whether it was giving Americans affordable health care or passing stronger gun laws, I have been careful not to influence the government to accomplish things,” he said. “I wish corporations would follow my lead.”

He urged the C.E.O.s of major companies to spend a day with him in Washington to “see how getting nothing done is done.”

McConnell cut short his remarks to reporters, saying that he had to return to his office to get to work on not improving the country’s infrastructure.

9 Likes

That’s rich.

A law is passed by white men to prevent people of color from voting and the opponents of that law are playing the race card.

Does no one see the irony of this? Seriously?

15 Likes

The irony is Republicans shamelessly played the “race card” with Willie Horton and “welfare queen”.

IOKIYR

10 Likes

Shorter McConnell:
“Let’s see…we’ve played the integrity for elections card, we’ve played the cancel culture card, we’ve played the Antifa card, we’ve played the BLM card…wait! It’s time for the race card!”

3 Likes

People who think race is some kind of card are utter pieces of shit. Race isn’t a card. It’s a fact of life. Although, I would bet that every Black person in the country really wishes race wasn’t a factor, but it is in just about every aspect of our lives.

13 Likes

Republicans have been selling white hetero identity politics my entire life, but especially in the last 12 years. It is literally all their base cares about and it’s all the Republican Party has left.

9 Likes

Meanwhile…

8 Likes

Would you like some wine with that?

18 Likes

Ahhh, a methhead.

6 Likes

“McConnell on Wednesday tried to adjust the position after he was readily ridiculed for the about-face, suggesting that his initial comments lacked finesse.”

This is what happens when the dog finally catches its tail.

6 Likes

That sure sounds familiar.

" McConnell Says He Hasn’t Been Invited to White House; Complains Biden Has Made ‘No Effort’ for Bipartisanship"

4 Likes

Wow, Mitch is just floundering.

Now he’s resorting to playing the GQP’s greatest hits, on repeat.

6 Likes

Biden’s too busy fixing your previous boss’s fuckups, to waste his time meeting with you, Mitch.

And the sad thing is, you KNOW this.

But the happy thing is, so do the American People.

5 Likes

Do as I say not as I once did.

“Boyland, a 34-year-old from Georgia who wanted to be a sobriety counselor” Wow !

3 Likes

Race card, immigrant card, Health care card, Infrastructure card, Medicare card, SS card, Dencency card, Living wage card, Voting rights card, Women card, Equal rights card.

It seems every issue has been down graded to a Card. This is not a valid argument.

3 Likes

The slave state’s plantation owners and racist politicians dragged millions of black men, women and children from Africa and then started a civil war to maintain ownership of their bonded and beaten slaves. Now these same Slave States are crying about their precious white cancelled culture (white supremacy). The United States of America is a multi racial culture. That’s what makes us special. I find people of color much more interesting than stupid T-rump enablers.

2 Likes

What McConnell likes least is that if corporations find they can wield policy influence without massive donations to the GOP, those donations will dry up. His words really mean that he wants them taking no dirext action, but rather doing their influencing through buying politicians who will do it for them.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available