McCarthy Urges Voters To Just Ignore Thomas’ Call

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) on Monday insisted that voters really don’t need to worry about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ calls to reconsider landmark cases that granted the right to same-sex marriage and contraception, among other decisions, when they cast their ballots in the midterms.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1421683

Frist.

And here is my stupid animal photo. Moronus Bakersfieldus.

53 Likes

Fuq off, Qev.

14 Likes

Derpty derp!

8 Likes

That is the best selected photo they could have possibly found. Really highlights the face-calling-out-for-a-fist quality, that special je ne sais Qevin.

26 Likes

It’s statements like this that remind me he’s the congressman from Okiefornia.

17 Likes

Don’t Look Up.

7 Likes

We can’t ignore Thomas. HIs comment is a natural extension of the legal reasoning the court adopted in Dobbs.

44 Likes

Yeah just ignore all the reasons we vote. Sure Kev, sure.

47 Likes

"Christ, what an asshole!" – Lucy Van Pelt

21 Likes

What a terrified asshole, to judge from this dumbass statement.

43 Likes
  1. The decision - even without Thomas’ wet dream of further civil liberties erosion - is enough to worry voters.
  2. The same people celebrating Roe’s demise eagerly encourage, expect, and await SCOTUS’ continued trampling of the lives of anyone considered “other.”
    So, probably best to just ignore mccarthy’s happy talk.
28 Likes

Cute that McCarthy still thinks he’s going to get to be Speaker.

11 Likes

Insurrectionist farts what?

8 Likes

Addendum: Leslie Nielsen would have been the perfect choice to play Qevin in the epic movie that’s begging to be made of all this.

28 Likes

After all, McCarthy’s reassurances are at least as credible as anything else that he says . . .

15 Likes

First they came for women’s bodily autonomy, everyone’s right to privacy and Jewish religious freedom all at once…

McCarthy: “Shhhhh…shhhhhh…stay silent…we’ promise we’re not coming for anything else…totally pinky-swear…”

And yeah, that’s right. They ALREADY came for the Jews again.

28 Likes

I bet Alito’s pretty pissed that Thomas gave away the game in his concurring opinion.

37 Likes

Shorter Kevin: “Please don’t drown me in a midterm Blue-tsunami backlash.”

(Puts on water wings and snorkel)

42 Likes

In watching GOP responses to the Republican and not conservative Supreme Court overturning Roe and gutting and restrictions on guns, I noticed 3 very outrageous responses.

1. Just ignore the rulings as they will not affect you. You, being a person of means, can always go to another state if you need an abortion. That is their are two sets of standards and as a Republican, a White woman of some means, you are of the privilege standards and need not worry about what will happen to those people.

2. The most outrageous of all of them, equating overturning Roe with Brown v Board of Education overturning Plessy v Ferguson really proving they have no shame. I mean to equate this courts actions that include gutting the voting rights act and any protection for racial gerrymandering with the Warren Courts ending racial discrimination in public schools shows how really deplorable are today’s Republicans.

3. We Republicans will make sure poor women are supported. That is these same governors, many of whom have refused to accept free federal money for medicaid expansion to cover the poorest of their citizens and otherwise have gutted any state aid thereby governing states with the worst infant mortality rates, care the slightest about what will happen to women and children who are the results of this decision.

In short, the hypocrisy, downright dishonesty and not giving the slightest care to what harm this will cause their own citizens by Republican governors and other officials like McCarthy is an outrage.

33 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available