McCarthy Spins Anti-Impeachment Stance | Talking Points Memo

I knew it was going to be something stupid. And McCarthy never fails me on that front.

7 Likes

Lie #1 – Ukraine is safer with Trump Admin than it was with the Obama Admin.
Lie #2 – The President gave Ukraine aid without ANY pre-conditions.

Fixed. Got any more, Kev?

1 Like

Call me when McCarthy addresses the evidence point by point, as Schiff did. Instead, he’d rather give a dissertation on gavel banging as a signal for emotional states.

If you can’t get a bit animated as our Constitution gets shredded, you’re unfit for any office.

7 Likes

We should not diminish the role of water politics in the Central Valley. Subsidence over the past decade has been a steady ineluctable story of water theft and permanent destruction of geological structures. We have only seen this scale of damage in China, Iran and possibly some former-Soviet states. The science is clear, however. The only ask of billionaires is that Congress allow this to go on as long as possible. Kevin, and Devin for that matter, understand this. If either went off script with the water barons, it would be over in a second.

9 Likes

McCarthy his spinning so much it is dizzying. Stay clear before he throws up.

1 Like

Its now just him

4 Likes

“That’s some wickedly stupid shit Kev’s snortin’?”

That’s some wickedly stupid shit that Kev just is.

5 Likes

Wilson did better two days ago, when he tweeted about how all Republican talking points were being blown up and that Trump’s defenders on the House Intelligence Committee were idiots:

Nunes compared to bag of hair

There should be an award for excellence in political invective. RIck Wilson would be my nominee.

4 Likes

The Republicans’ bizarre statments cannot be parsed if you assume they are directed at the audience they speak before in real time. Their target is the horde of right-wing fabulists looking for usable sound and video bites.

But there are two impeachment hearings unfolding in the nation’s capital. One, carried out by the Democrats, is designed to ascertain the truth as to whether Trump sought a “quid pro quo” deal with Ukraine to get the country to investigate Joe Biden and the 2016 presidential election in exchange for aid money. The other, being carried out simultaneously by the Republicans, is quite different. Instead of trying to learn the truth, it seeks to create not just a counternarrative but a completely separate reality.

Each round of GOP questioning is not meant to interrogate the witnesses […] but instead to create moments that can be flipped into Fox News segments, shared as bite-size Facebook posts, or dropped into 4chan threads.

Ryan Broderick at Buzzfeed makes the case.

14 Likes

As they say in Cherokee: “Adanugowisdi!”

2 Likes

“And you can tell I’m right because I’m a Republican who only goes on Fox News”.

Dim? Craven? Dim? Craven? How about both plus signalling to Wannabe Stalin that he’s still on his knees?

Drumpf?

4 Likes

And make sure he lands in his own puke when he passes out

Are you sure he doesn’t do it just for the pleasure of it?

1 Like

I once stood puzzling over a German word for a good five minutes. Finally figured out it meant “Entertaining attractions which to this theater soon will be coming.” Handy!

6 Likes

So what is that word?

2 Likes

OT, but Florida Dog!!!

15 Likes

:100:

“The empty barrel makes the most noise.”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available