McCarthy Spins Anti-Impeachment Stance | Talking Points Memo

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) put a new spin on Republicans’ opposition to the impeachment inquiry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1264667

I am not sure McCarthy doesn’t strangle small animals when he goes home to see if he can still feel some shame, alas i don’t think he ever does.

25 Likes

Whoa, that’s some wickedly stupid shit Kev’s snortin’

20 Likes

Geezohman! What the hell happened to Lou Dobbs’ hair?

11 Likes

Mr. McCarthy spins from DC…he stays as far away from his minority constituency as possible. And the majority of Californians are grateful for that!

6 Likes

He’s dizzy enough without spinning.

12 Likes

Well their you have it. Maybe after the impeachment vote is taken they can just say it didn’t happen, at least 1/2 of the deplorables would believe it

9 Likes

Big deal. If McCarthy doesn’t go on Fox shouting, “We have always been at war with East Asia!” then he’ll just have to sit there silent.

Or maybe he can open up more and reminisce about what the real purpose of the Benghazi hearings was.

16 Likes

There is no way he would bang the gavel that hard if he didn’t know they were losing.

Well if he were me and you were at the other end of it Kev, he’d be banging it one hell of a lot harder than that.

6 Likes

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump.” Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) June 15, 2016.

25 Likes

Same for Kev’s BFF Dev.

19 Likes

McCarthy argued, without any evidence to support the claim, that he’s ‘not so sure that Dems will even have the votes to pass impeachment’."

I’ll bet there’s a German word that means “even dumber than the dumbest guy in the room”.

41 Likes

You’re probably better off asking a Medical Examiner that question.

12 Likes

There is no way he would bang the gavel that hard if he didn’t know they were losing.”

I didn’t realize he was a Dentist.

6 Likes

Does anyone else see a pattern on the Republican side of the aisle in the House? Where is the Republican McTurtle in the House?

2 Likes

McCarthyfish…

image https://sadanduseless.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/puffer-trumps10.jpg

9 Likes

1 – Ukraine is safer with Trump Admin than it was with the Obama Admin.

Which, even if true, is completely irrelevant to the issue of Trump bribing or extorting Zelensky.

2 – The President gave Ukraine aid without ANY pre-conditions.

First, Trump did not give aid to Ukraine, Congress did.
Second, the aid appropriated by Congress was not without conditions, but the conditions were all satisfied.
Third, Trump imposed conditions on releasing the aid as a material element of his bribe or extortion plan.

Other than that, McCarthy is still a dumb shit.

28 Likes

When everyone in the room says you are drunk, sit down!!!

3 Likes

Of course there is a German word for that, but is it spelled with 12 letters or 16?

7 Likes

I know [Schiff] wants to impeach this President so bad that he will continue to lie… There is no way he would bang the gavel that hard if he didn’t know they were losing.

Over here, you have a president who tells multiple demonstrable, ridiculous, dangerous lies every single day, and has been a dishonest grifter his whole professional life.

And over there, Schiff banged the gavel really hard!

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available