McCarthy Denies Trump Was Partisan | Talking Points Memo

It’s come to this — arguing over partisanship as a global health crisis unfolds.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), with a straight face, denied Thursday that President Trump was being partisan when he slammed Democratic leaders during a statement on the outbreak of Coronavirus the night before.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1293665
1 Like

YOU stop it.

11 Likes

Honestly, does this man have anything intelligent to add to this. No amount of ill-timed, disrespectful commentary from his president is improper or out of bounds. I expect nothing more from Mr. McCarthy and his toadyism.

25 Likes

McCarthy is really off the deep end, flailing.

Quick! Somebody tie up the lifeguards!!

15 Likes

Yeah, we’re not buying his attempted gaslighting.

Trump’s continued ad hominem attacks against Dem leaders are the definition of petty partisanship.

10 Likes

Even Snake Oil salesmen made a good living for awhile.

5 Likes

KM

To my colleagues on the other side who are attempting to seize this global coronavirus epidemic as a political moment—I say, STOP IT.

k, this is an easy Google.

11 Likes

Geez, Trump must have yelled: “quick somebody dumber that Pence!”. And McCarthy raised his hand screaming: “me! me!”

7 Likes

You just politicized it Bakersfield buffoon!

14 Likes

Guess Kevin never heard of the Benghazi hearings.

14 Likes

I would like to remind everyone that the Republicans were vehemently condemning Obama for his handling of the attack in Benghazi while the crisis in Benghazi was taking place. How’s that for bi-partisan support and not politicizing an event in which lives are at stake?

22 Likes

Kevin is so dumb that hammers sequestered in sacks whisper among themselves, “That boy is dumber than a fence post.”

21 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but the attacks originated from from the Romney Campaign. Now he’s sainted.

4 Likes

Do we have any good Democratic candidates in Bakersfield to run against this asshole?

1 Like

I’m not from California, but is there any chance this guy loses in Nov?

4 Likes

That place is all Okies and migrant workers, not the best place to look for Democratic candidates; if you are decent and educated, you would have moved out that hell hole long time ago.

2 Likes

A fence post has a purpose.

5 Likes

To paraphrase Richard Nixon - " When the President does it, that means it’s not partisan."’

3 Likes

Not much. I used to live in Nune’s district, immediately to the North. The San Joaquin Valley is California’s Oklahoma and Alabama. Eventually, as the Hispanic population increases, things may get more blue. But keep in mind, many Latinos are quite socially conservative.

8 Likes

And if the GOP somehow wrested control back of the chamber, he would theoretically be Speaker. The intellectual capacity of the GOP House contingent really is circling the drain. No wonder so many are jumping ship, rather than try to continue fighting for the privilege to name McCarthy their leader.

Though they might nominate a candidate that more closely represents them than a WASPy chowderhead.

4 Likes