Maybe Pence Should Be Hung! Meadows Reportedly Recalled Trump Saying

And it certainly indicates that there’s some deep neuroses in parts of the American fabric of society that his sadism appeals to a portion of the populace.

15 Likes

Still don’t see Trump spending one moment in prison, since we live in a kleptoligarchy where the rich in charge won’t hold him accountable since that would increase the possibility they’d ever be held accountable.

But if we’re dreaming of wishes he make it to prison, here’s my fantasy scenario of him getting put there:

4 Likes

Some of this is due to messaging and norms of inclusion in desired groups.

The messaging foisted upon us these seven years alone is shameful to say the least.

3 Likes

I don’t think the rich are worried if Trump were to be “held to account” so much. He’s always been faux-rich. They wouldn’t let him play in their reindeer country clubs because he was never temperamentally “one of them.”

5 Likes

The normalization of Trump’s anti-social/criminal behavior is the reason that this post of mine is #24 (instead of #724) in this thread.

Think about it.

A United States President musing vocally about the hanging of his Vice President (while the latter was indeed in danger) inducing yawns and ho-hums.

There really is a simple explanation (aside from the tendency of still portrayiing heinous acts as “politics”):

Trump destroyed and is destroying so many conventional norms (mores) of our political affairs, that we are NUMB.

11 Likes

That is locker room talk. Same category as grabbing, Access Hollywood and such as.

As President, a christian conservative can do whatever they want. They can put rapists and boofers on the Supreme Court, they can do pee-hookers, express an interest in sex with their children, they can order the torture, murder, assassination, hanging, execution, lethal injection, firing squad, police killing, sharia style halal slicing and dicing, bone sawing, mob stampeding of enemies, dislikables and the uncooperative.

1 Like

Trump said something to the effect of, maybe Mr. Pence should be hung . . .

All Donnie had to do was ask Mother Pence.
She’d know.

3 Likes

Not quite yet, Pence had one more utility for The Turnip: he wanted him hung to fuel the blood-lust of his cretin army.

I guess I don’t get it what is wrong with hanging Mike Pence? Is there a shortage of pious, hypocritic dumbasses?

2 Likes

This sure looks like Haberman doing damage control for Trump and trying to steal the committee’s thunder.

1 Like

Going out on a limb here but my theory is Haberman got a good story so she wrote it up and it ran. I think people got a little carried away with that “Maggie the Fluffer” crap. She was made into a bit of a dignity wraith by working her access with Trump but he’s done that to a lot of journalists the way he’s done it to other people who get within the event horizon. Being made to look bad by Trump is nothing that’s particularly unique to Maggie Haberman.

4 Likes

So you don’t think she has been a fluffer on purpose? Got it.

She should do a story on herself-- at least she has access.

1 Like

There are things you do to get access, like writing a complimentary “puff piece” feature or running a story the person you want access to wanted run, like dirt on an opponent. She was willing enough to do that, and with Trump almost any form of cooperation will eventually make you look bad. That’s why Josh came up with the term “dignity wraith.” The thing I always thought was a bit unfair was the fact that she broke a lot of seriously negative stories about him. Lots. And nobody here ever thought to give her a bit of credit for that. If you think that kind of thing is easy try it. Sorry but you might give me a bit of credit myself, and think maybe I know a bit about what I’m talking about here, since I worked in the business for many years. Again, out on a limb, what can I say.

18 Likes

And this is one reason TFG was driven to buy or build golf courses. As owner, they couldn’t boot him out for manic cheating on the course.

4 Likes

I wish you were right. Alas…you are not.

2 Likes

With that kind of attitude, you’re never gonna make America great again.

3 Likes

And Pence will still support him if he’s the forerunner.

1 Like

Charlie: “They said Pence was hung.”

Bart: “And they was wrong!”

(h/t Mel Brooks)

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be ironic if that was Trump’s ultimate sentence? Projection to the last.

Nah, they’ve done it precisely three times, and that was through a hole in a sheet.

1 Like